Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: awofinden on October 09, 2006, 09:33:34 am
-
I currently have an Eizo CG19, it's very nice, no complaints, I calibrate it with a gretatag Eye one match 3. Now I need another monitor to keep in my other studio and don't fancy coughing up for another eizo. The 20 inch apple cinema display is certainly a nice price now, how is it for color accuracy? Does anyone have experience with this monitor?
-
I have the 23 inch model and profile it using a Monaco OptixXR with results that satisfy my needs. I am pleased with the color and get reasonably close results when printing images (Epson R1800 with custom profiles)
-
I used to own the ACD 20" and was fully satisfied with it. I would buy another one if I was looking for a 20" display.
-
I just got an apple 30 inch display. word of warning, I had to return the first display and exchange for another. the first display was brighter on the right 1/3 of the screen--enough to be bothersome. The second display was more evenly lit. I profile with Coloreyes. Eleanor
-
I just got an apple 30 inch display. word of warning, I had to return the first display and exchange for another. the first display was brighter on the right 1/3 of the screen--enough to be bothersome. The second display was more evenly lit. I profile with Coloreyes. Eleanor
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79670\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
How well does it profile?
-
very very accurately in the center. when i check the profile on the far edges it doesn't match the center, but honestly i don't know if any monitor will match the center accuracy on the edges of the screen. Maybe others with other monitors can speak up here. I'm checking and verifying the profiles with Integrated Color's Coloreyes software. eleanor
How well does it profile?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79693\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
-
very very accurately in the center. when i check the profile on the far edges it doesn't match the center, but honestly i don't know if any monitor will match the center accuracy on the edges of the screen. Maybe others with other monitors can speak up here. I'm checking and verifying the profiles with Integrated Color's Coloreyes software. eleanor
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79716\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
thanks Eleanor, beautifull work on your site by the way.
-
I tried downloading the ColorEyes Demo, but everytime it started to install, the monitor would go black and I couldn't continue. The computer didn't lock up, I just couldn't view anything. Very strange. I finally had to start up in Safe Mode and remove the ColorEyes software so that I could boot up. Since Elanor can utilize the software with her ACD, then it might very well be an issue with my graphics card. Guess I won't figure out if ColorEyes does a superior job over the native Optix software and worth the added expense.
-
..... The 20 inch apple cinema display is certainly a nice price now, how is it for color accuracy? Does anyone have experience with this monitor?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=79644\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have one for a year now and got it with my G5. I found it too small and replaced it with 2 x 24" Dells. These are calibrated with SpyderPro2 and I really like them. For the same price as the ACD these are certainly value for money.
The 20" ACD resides on my PC and is still very good and again calibrated with the Spyder Pro2. It took a little while to get used to the startup in windows as you do not see anything until the log on page. Apart from that it is still a very good monitor.
-
I've been using dual 20" ACD monitors for about 4 years now, and was distressed that one of them, the primary monitor, died last week (looked like a dense graduated filter had been put over it - very dark at top, got lighter towards the bottom). Apple told me it wasn't economical to repair it.
Reading all the stuff in here and other places about how much better other brands would be, and knowing that the new ACD won't match my remaining monitor anyway, I replaced it with the Eizo CE210W. After calibrating the Eizo, I have to say I see very, very little usable difference between it and my old ACDs. The Eizo definitely produces deeper blacks, and at the calibrated points of w=119.7, b=0.14 that's giving me a higher contrast ratio (855) than the Apples did, but when you soft-proof the images much of that deeper black is lost.
The Eizo profiles more easily than my ACD did (got it first time, whereas the ACDs took a number of attempts), but I have to say it wasn't worth the extra money. I could have bought two 20" ACD's for not much more expense, and in retrospect that's what I should have done. The Apples look a lot nicer too!
-
I currently use a ACD 20" as my primary display. It's a great monitor. Sharp, accurate color and it's elegantly designed. It operates natively at 7000K but can be calibrated to 6500K without much fuss if you need it. It's luminosity range is 94cd/m2 to 300cd/m2 allowng you to calibrate at 120cd/m2 easily.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another ACD display in the future. If Eizo continues to not make any wide-screen displays (with exception of the AdobeRGB display) when that time comes, then I probably will.
-
What about the 23" monitors in comparison to the 20's? I would really like that amount of territory to look at my photos (using it as an external screen with my laptop) but I've heard that perhaps the 23's aren't as good as the 20's... anyone have any experience with that?
Thanks!
Stephen