Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: guido on June 02, 2018, 01:08:14 pm

Title: Mount Misery
Post by: guido on June 02, 2018, 01:08:14 pm
Thanks for looking!

(https://i.imgur.com/z8ZvAXu.jpg)

(https://i.imgur.com/ew7Vu2S.jpg)

(https://i.imgur.com/1bpCKZn.jpg)

Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: farbschlurf on June 02, 2018, 02:51:05 pm
Is it possible those need to be even more green, also maybe a little warmer? If you intentionally oversaturate specially the 2nd, you see a clearly magenta-blueish background. Just a technical thing. I struggle a lot to get decent WB in the forest, too, that's why I might be sensitised. 
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: guido on June 02, 2018, 03:22:42 pm
Is it possible those need to be even more green, also maybe a little warmer? If you intentionally oversaturate specially the 2nd, you see a clearly magenta-blueish background. Just a technical thing. I struggle a lot to get decent WB in the forest, too, that's why I might be sensitised.
Interesting. I've been definitely trying to stay on the subtle end of the scale and I felt these were pushing it a touch... I do see what you mean on the cast though. I'll see if I can correct that. A very weird dappled light morning...

Thanks!
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: guido on June 02, 2018, 08:31:53 pm
I adjusted the white balance, tint and boosted the intensity of the green... Better?

(https://i.imgur.com/vhX0mYd.jpg)
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: guido on June 02, 2018, 09:00:23 pm
This one is just the white balance tweek...

(https://i.imgur.com/iXDfPrs.jpg)
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: Two23 on June 02, 2018, 10:37:13 pm
I adjusted the white balance, tint and boosted the intensity of the green... Better?



Yes.


Kent in SD
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 03, 2018, 12:08:02 am
Nice ones, Guido, especially the reprocessing.

I've hiked Mount Misery a few times and never got any shots that nice.
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: farbschlurf on June 03, 2018, 02:54:30 am
I think the color is better, yes. I like the intense green, but of course it's a matter of taste.
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: francois on June 03, 2018, 06:20:45 am
I like the "second" version a lot, the magenta shadows did also really bother me.
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: guido on June 03, 2018, 09:41:44 am
Nice ones, Guido, especially the reprocessing.

I've hiked Mount Misery a few times and never got any shots that nice.
Thank you! So glad you like them...  I have a sticky that reminds to check white balance on my display now!

The trick at MM is to take a stroll along the roadside. I like to get eye level with the trees and that spot gives lots of fine opportunity and very nice light both mornings and afternoons...
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: sdwilsonsct on June 03, 2018, 02:31:00 pm
Nice treatment of a challenging subject.
Title: Re: Mount Misery
Post by: guido on June 03, 2018, 03:55:00 pm
Nice treatment of a challenging subject.

Thanks for your kind thoughts!