Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: ceddy1031 on October 08, 2006, 04:33:31 pm

Title: Dark Scene
Post by: ceddy1031 on October 08, 2006, 04:33:31 pm
Hi all,

Recently I went to the Aquarium and I was trying to get some clear shots of this Sea Jellies.  But it seems i can't freeze the subjects.   With the 20D do I use the TV mode to do that?   What setting I should use for such low light situation.   Do I need to use a tripod to capture it?   I was using the 24-105 L  /f4 lens.

Any help and adivse will be great.  Thanks.

(http://www.101031.com/a1.JPG)
(http://www.101031.com/a2.JPG)
Title: Dark Scene
Post by: DarkPenguin on October 08, 2006, 05:42:37 pm
If they're moving a tripod will not help.

Use whatever apeture and/or ISO it takes to get a decent shutter speed.
Title: Dark Scene
Post by: macgyver on October 11, 2006, 10:25:51 am
Yes, bump the ISO.  And if you find yourself still needing faster glass, check out the 50 1.8, its a great yet cheap little lens.  (or cheap as lens prices go anyway)