Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on May 28, 2018, 07:06:04 pm

Title: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea with new colour image
Post by: KMRennie on May 28, 2018, 07:06:04 pm
I have gone for a stark monochrome rendition more in keeping with my feelings of the regime that built it. Ken
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 28, 2018, 07:33:12 pm
I have gone for a stark monochrome rendition more in keeping with my feelings of the regime that built it. Ken

Lovely lines and textural contrasts.
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: Farmer on May 28, 2018, 07:33:37 pm
So much to enjoy in this shot!
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: francois on May 29, 2018, 05:14:11 am
Beautifully framed and processed!

Bravo, Ken.
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on May 29, 2018, 05:15:05 am
So good.
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: thierrylegros396 on May 29, 2018, 05:17:13 am
Beautifully framed and processed!

Bravo, Ken.

+1

And I don't like B/W very much, but this one is very well done.

Thierry
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: KMRennie on May 29, 2018, 07:54:41 am
Thanks for taking the time to comment everyone. I have spent a little time on the image pulling a little detail out of the gun emplacement and giving the clouds a little more drama. Ken
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: PeterAit on May 29, 2018, 08:12:45 am
I have gone for a stark monochrome rendition more in keeping with my feelings of the regime that built it. Ken

Excellent! Your B&W rendition is gorgeous.
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 29, 2018, 08:29:32 am
Excellent! Your B&W rendition is gorgeous.
I totally agree.
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 29, 2018, 01:24:43 pm
Thanks for taking the time to comment everyone. I have spent a little time on the image pulling a little detail out of the gun emplacement and giving the clouds a little more drama. Ken

Definitely an improvement. Good shot.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: RMW on May 29, 2018, 04:51:19 pm
A+
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: Farmer on May 29, 2018, 06:13:44 pm
The updated version with the extra detail in the emplacement is even better!
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 30, 2018, 04:00:55 am
Excellent.
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: francois on May 30, 2018, 06:33:11 am
The updated version with the extra detail in the emplacement is even better!

Agreed 100% and now the title is optional as details are revealed.
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: stamper on May 30, 2018, 09:40:38 am
First class!
Title: Re: Gun emplacement slowly succumbing to the sea
Post by: KMRennie on May 31, 2018, 12:35:23 pm
Just to let people see the "reality". This was taken 9 minutes after the mono shot but with the sun mostly behind me instead of the contre jour mono shot. There was something nice about standing barefoot in the sea with the water rushing back and forth. I was trying to use the coloured streaks of the rapidly receeding water as foreground interest thus the longish exposure of 1.6s. I have thought of a title for the mono, if I ever use it in a competition "built to last a 1000yrs". Ken