Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on May 28, 2018, 02:25:18 pm

Title: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: BobDavid on May 28, 2018, 02:25:18 pm
...land and sky
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 28, 2018, 06:09:34 pm
You can take the BobDavid out of Florida, but he's still the same BobDavid.
Good!
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: RSL on May 28, 2018, 07:43:54 pm
Love it, Bob. Makes me a little bit homesick.
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: BobDavid on May 28, 2018, 08:10:54 pm
Love it, Bob. Makes me a little bit homesick.

I had no idea the wind is so strong and relentless there.
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: John R on May 29, 2018, 12:04:17 am
Of course it exudes simplicity, but I really like the soft luminescent quality, which to me really makes the image sing.

JR
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: Tony Ovens on May 29, 2018, 07:14:02 am
Reminds me of Gursky's Rhine II
I like it.
T
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 29, 2018, 08:32:55 am
It's got Gursky beat by a country mile!
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 29, 2018, 08:40:16 am
That has always been my first thought impression when I think of my travels across the great plains and up into SD, WY and MT. Miles of straight line highway with miles of Snow Barriers paralleling the highway.
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: RSL on May 29, 2018, 08:41:45 am
What I remember most about prairies like this is flying over them with a Beaver and buzzing antelope herds. They're beautiful critters and they run like the wind. Used to do it when I was over Wyoming or Montana on my way to one of our radar sites.
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: BobDavid on May 29, 2018, 02:05:47 pm
Reminds me of Gursky's Rhine II
I like it.
T

Me too! Except I shot it with an Oly Pen F.
Title: Re: On Highway 191, Wyoming
Post by: Two23 on May 29, 2018, 06:16:35 pm
I had no idea the wind is so strong and relentless there.

When I moved from Kansas to South Dakota, I thought I'd notice the colder winters.  Not so much.  I did notice the difference in wind speed.  Hard not to when it blows a semi-truck off the road in front of you or a train off the track.  My car has been blown off the road a few times too, but no damage. Nothing to slow the wind but a bobwire fence, as we say.  In winter the ground is snow covered and there is less friction.  The daily wind speeds are generally higher.


Kent in SD