Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Luis M. Anibarro on May 23, 2018, 04:17:32 pm

Title: les feuilles mortes
Post by: Luis M. Anibarro on May 23, 2018, 04:17:32 pm
when the cold north breeze predicts the end
Title: Re: les feuilles mortes
Post by: guido on May 23, 2018, 06:27:45 pm
That's a really lovely image. So much interesting detail...
Title: Re: les feuilles mortes
Post by: Two23 on May 23, 2018, 09:16:10 pm
I do like the ethereal look.  It reminds me of 19th C. lenses.


Kent in SD
Title: Re: les feuilles mortes
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 24, 2018, 03:33:13 am
I like it as well, apart from the rather heavy-handed vignetting on the right.

Jeremy
Title: Re: les feuilles mortes
Post by: Luis M. Anibarro on May 24, 2018, 04:44:03 am
I like it as well, apart from the rather heavy-handed vignetting on the right.

Jeremy
thanks a lot
Title: Re: les feuilles mortes
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 24, 2018, 05:25:45 am
Quite moody, like it.
Title: Re: les feuilles mortes
Post by: francois on May 25, 2018, 06:59:00 am
Interesting and very nicely done. I don't think that vignetting really adds a lot to this shot.
Title: Re: les feuilles mortes
Post by: guido on May 25, 2018, 08:06:25 am
I think the vignetting gives it a timeless quality and nods to ancient and alternative photographic processes...
Title: Re: les feuilles mortes
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 25, 2018, 12:28:40 pm
I think the vignetting gives it a timeless quality and nods to ancient and alternative photographic processes...

I think it gives it dark edges and corners, and nothing more.

A light vignette can serve to draw the eye into the centre of the image without drawing attention to itself: i use it a lot. A heavy-handed vignette, such as even the second version (which is an improvement over the first) is merely intrusive.

Jeremy
Title: Re: les feuilles mortes
Post by: guido on May 25, 2018, 01:14:12 pm
Have you ever shot Large Format sheet film with an antique lens? It really does have a certain charm...