Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on May 20, 2018, 10:00:08 am

Title: Brittany with yet another new image
Post by: KMRennie on May 20, 2018, 10:00:08 am
I came to Britanny wanting waves and drama and get blue skies and calm seas. Good for a holiday not so good for photography. Ken
Title: Re: Brittany
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 20, 2018, 10:15:49 am
You nevertheless left with a nice photo. Just being different than what has become a cliche already is a plus. Then again, there is more to life than the methaphore of stormy seas and ominous clouds. There are moments in life that are gentle, harmonious, pastel. Just like your photograph.
Title: Re: Brittany
Post by: francois on May 20, 2018, 10:38:52 am
No rough sea but a beautiful shot with those soft & pastel colors. The curves on the beach are in tune with with the quietness of the other elements (sky/sea). You probably had another shot in your mind and this might be the reason of your disappointment but I like this one a loth and you should be proud of it.
Title: Re: Brittany
Post by: KMRennie on May 20, 2018, 11:58:47 am
I am more than happy with this shot. I was fortunate with the curves formed by the tiny waves hitting the river waters flowing out. This is one of the 4 clouds visible in the last 3 days. Ken
Title: Re: Brittany
Post by: guido on May 20, 2018, 03:02:41 pm
Ken, you make nice use of what you find! Lovely image.
Title: Re: Brittany
Post by: KMRennie on May 21, 2018, 06:06:37 am
Another image same place. Ken
Title: Re: Brittany with new image
Post by: Martin Kristiansen on May 21, 2018, 06:59:58 am
You certainly made it work. Really like that and a deft hand with the post.
Title: Re: Brittany with new image
Post by: guido on May 21, 2018, 08:27:36 am
Is it my eyes or do you have better foreground focus on the first image? Not sure what your intention is on that... This sort of thing is where some tilt really helps...

Title: Re: Brittany with new image
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 21, 2018, 08:56:12 am
Almost Caribean:)
Title: Re: Brittany with new image
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 21, 2018, 09:07:28 am
I rather like this one!
Title: Re: Brittany with new image
Post by: francois on May 21, 2018, 12:32:32 pm
Both are great but I slightly prefer the first one.
Title: Re: Brittany with new image
Post by: KMRennie on May 21, 2018, 12:37:32 pm
Thanks for taking the time to comment in such glowing terms. Guido the 3nd image was just cropped black and white points set and sharpened, the first had a little more time spent. I only have a small laptop here and it is difficult to really look closely and sharpness and colour.
This image is sunrise on a sea inlet just 500m away from where we are staying. Ken
Title: Re: Brittany with another new image
Post by: francois on May 21, 2018, 12:48:57 pm
Just as beautiful and an excellent companion to the previous images.
Title: Re: Brittany with another new image
Post by: MattBurt on May 21, 2018, 12:59:39 pm
I really like it and I'm usually kind of critical of these kinds of images. What makes it better than most is the interesting shapes in the composition balancing out nicely and those great soft colors. Nicely done.
Title: Re: Brittany with another new image
Post by: guido on May 21, 2018, 05:26:46 pm
Working with just a laptop screen is quite a challenge! But the quality of your work does set a high bar... Sharpness issue corrected!

I like the warmth of the golden image! A nice complement of the cooler images...
Title: Re: Brittany with another new image
Post by: maddogmurph on May 23, 2018, 11:27:52 pm
It's got that "bathroom" wall feel. Takes me to a place I'm not...
Title: Re: Brittany with another new image
Post by: KMRennie on May 24, 2018, 02:11:52 pm
Last one, perhaps a touch too "hard" so may be reprocessed when I get home. Ken
Title: Re: Brittany with new image
Post by: farbschlurf on May 25, 2018, 02:38:05 am
Almost Caribean:)
+1
Title: Re: Brittany with yet another new image
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 26, 2018, 11:50:03 am
Good for a holiday not so good for photography. Ken

Which may be true for some landscape photographers Ken, but not for you it seems as the first shot is really quite Excellent  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Brittany with yet another new image
Post by: KMRennie on May 27, 2018, 08:02:49 am
Thanks for the comment Dave. It has been a valuable exercise in producing imges where there are no outstanding elements to "focus" on. Using a few ripples in the sand as firstly foreground interest that, in the end, turned out to be the main part of the image is totally new to me. I hope that I can carry on being able to make images where there are no outstanding features but I was lucky with the light and perhaps the message is if the light is good you can get a decent image if you look hard enough for something to make an image with. I am now home so can reprocess images on a large monitor with a mouse so that I can actually apply local adjustments. I may repost some of the images if the reprocessing produces a "better" image. The first image is, in my opinion, the best and may even be an image that I can live with. Ken