Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 12, 2018, 10:22:11 am
-
The spring wild flowers seemed to be in full bloom when we arrived there and carpeted the ground everywhere we looked.
Dave
-
#1 for me Dave.
-
I like number 3, reminds me of a Monet.
Brian.
-
number one is very good!
-
I like number 3, reminds me of a Monet.
Brian.
+1
Thierry
-
I like number 3, reminds me of a Monet.
Brian.
Yes, reminds me too of an impressionist painting
-
Thanks everyone :)
Yes when we arrived there at the beginning of last week, we were told by the owner of the place we were staying and which was really excellent, that it had been a bad winter this year and so spring had arrived really late and all the wild flowers were coming out at the same time instead over a period of several weeks. So off I went to get my fill of mile after mile of wild flower meadows and which I did in spades, but then after a couple of days of photographing wall to wall wild flowers as they stretched away into the distance, I began to run out of steam with the idea and so started to experiment with a more 'Monetesque' style of composite image, as can be seen mainly in the third shot.
The day after we arrived at our accommodation we were snowed upon quite heavily and were both wearing hats, gloves and overcoats, yet three days later it was just starting to nudge into the 30's and we were both beginning to melt, as we are not used to that sort of heat after living in the North West of Scotland for the last seven years.
Thanks again ;)
Dave
-
Excellent Dave. Obviously parts of you did melt, and voila, a new slightly more impressionist Dave emerged. Just keep on melding. Something new is bound to emerge even if you don't always see it or like it. With such abundant clusters of wildflowers, may I also suggest you try some double exposures. To get a feel for such compositions, just place one image over another.
JR
-
Nice landscape, seems like Portugal:)
-
I like them all. Lovely stuff.
-
Thanks again guys :)
You know our trip to and then around Extremadura, was one of those holidays that seems to get better the more we think about it. I went with very low expectations if I am honest, as it was primarily a bird watching trip and the land there is relatively flat (my wife is a serious birdwatcher and I am totally not) and so I thought that I wouldn't really get very much at all, but when I saw the meadows full of wild flowers stretching out to the horizon in all directions, well let's just say that we both ended up having a really good time of it.
Dave
-
I prefer the second here. Same impression as the third without looking like a painting.
-
I prefer the second here. Same impression as the third without looking like a painting.
..and thank you for saying so ;)
So some people prefer 1, others prefer 2 and others prefer 3 - well that will certainly do for me I think ;D
Thanks again everyone..
Dave