Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on May 11, 2018, 10:41:44 am

Title: Early Morning Light in NW Florida Cypress Swamp
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 11, 2018, 10:41:44 am
Spanish Moss
Title: Re: Early Morning Light in NW Florida Cypress Swamp
Post by: francois on May 11, 2018, 11:16:00 am
I've never been in the Florida swamps but this is how I imagine them…
Title: Re: Early Morning Light in NW Florida Cypress Swamp
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 11, 2018, 04:42:53 pm
Stunning, Chris. Well seen and beautifully processed.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Early Morning Light in NW Florida Cypress Swamp
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 11, 2018, 11:10:48 pm
Thanks for the nice words. I so enjoy the swamp areas around me, and for Eric, I can shoot something else other than birds... ;D
Title: Re: Early Morning Light in NW Florida Cypress Swamp
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 11, 2018, 11:45:26 pm
Nice shots, Chris.
But isn't that an Ivorybill Woodpecker lurking behind that Spanish moss?   ;)
Title: Re: Early Morning Light in NW Florida Cypress Swamp
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 12, 2018, 06:10:24 am
Nice shots, Chris.
But isn't that an Ivorybill Woodpecker lurking behind that Spanish moss?   ;)

Wish it were so but unfortunately, they appear to be extinct. This is as close as you'll get to one today, the Pileated Woodpecker.
Title: Re: Early Morning Light in NW Florida Cypress Swamp
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 12, 2018, 08:37:01 am
We even have Pileateds up here, and I've seen a few, but never with my camera handy.
My understanding is that the most recent "evidence" of an Ivorybill was most likely simply somebody playing an old recording, hoping to lure a live one.

Your swamp shots are nice (even without the Ivorybill.)

Eric
Title: Re: Early Morning Light in NW Florida Cypress Swamp
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on May 12, 2018, 11:46:10 am
 Great stuff Chris!! Clyde Butcher look out  ;)
Title: Re: Early Morning Light in NW Florida Cypress Swamp
Post by: maddogmurph on May 18, 2018, 08:00:54 pm
This is what I'm talking about !!