Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on May 08, 2018, 05:27:27 am

Title: Stormy skies
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 08, 2018, 05:27:27 am
Last weekend we had the May 1 holiday, so extended weekend:) I got to spend the long weekend in the small town of Longueira in SW Portugal coast, where I have a small house.

Without wanting to discuss the hot topic of climate change... all I can say is that the weather has been quite variable:) right next to my house there is this terrain/farm with the abandoned house. Good subject to photograph against the approaching weather front at sunset.

Some colour, some B&W. Shot with Pen-F and Oly 25 Pro lens, handheld. No time to set up the tripod, as the wife wanted to have dinner, and I could see the pouring rain a couple of Kms away coming in from the coast.
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 08, 2018, 08:34:52 am
Good stuff!
What a great subject to have right next door.

Eric
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 08, 2018, 11:19:46 am
Love them. The scenes bring back pleasant memories of my drives through rural Portugal.

Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 08, 2018, 06:24:55 pm
Great sky in the third!

Jeremy
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: HSakols on May 08, 2018, 07:54:54 pm
The sky makes these images! I almost thought your post read Stormy Daniels. Yikes!
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: francois on May 09, 2018, 04:45:57 am
I love the last one. The wide view does make the sky look more menacing.
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 09, 2018, 08:01:24 am
Thanks everyone.
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: farbschlurf on May 09, 2018, 01:52:59 pm
The last is the best for me, too!
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: sarrasani on May 09, 2018, 06:02:11 pm
very good!! I like all of them, my fave is the first one.
S.
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 13, 2018, 09:09:36 am
I've always been struck with how much sense of space and atmosphere you get in your images. While I like all three, I did my own edit on the color image (#2) and found it to have the strongest conveyance of "innocence" in the doorway of "evil." I would only share with your permission.
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 14, 2018, 10:59:09 am
Dear Chris,

Thanks, and by all means, share.
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: Chris Calohan on May 14, 2018, 07:39:31 pm
Dear Chris,

Thanks, and by all means, share.

Not Better, just different  :)
Title: Re: Stormy skies
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 15, 2018, 04:30:16 am
Not Better, just different  :)

Works well. I also tried a B&W conversion on this one, but in the end opted for colour.