Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on May 07, 2018, 01:55:37 am

Title: Field
Post by: BobDavid on May 07, 2018, 01:55:37 am
and sky
Title: Re: Field
Post by: drmike on May 07, 2018, 02:58:54 am
I saw the title and frankly my expectations were low (I didn't notice the author), I saw the the small preview and thought hmm that's intriguing. Then full size it's delightful. Very balanced with the posts on the left causing a little dissonance. Then I noticed the author :)
Title: Re: Field
Post by: francois on May 07, 2018, 03:43:05 am
Quite minimal but so effective. This shot is clean, with just a few "disturbing" elements (posts & lines) to make it a winner.
Well done.
Title: Re: Field
Post by: John R on May 07, 2018, 06:33:59 am
Minimally yours.

I confess, square formats always throw me for a loop visually until my brain can adjust for the format.

JR
Title: Re: Field
Post by: 32BT on May 07, 2018, 06:44:35 am
Yes, nice one Bob. I'd be tempted to adjust the grass towards a warmer wb for a more punchy and inviting green and yellow combo without excegarating reality by pumping saturation, but definitely leave the sky as is.
Title: Re: Field
Post by: RSL on May 07, 2018, 07:54:32 am
A splendid shot, Bob. You're making me homesick.
Title: Re: Field
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 07, 2018, 07:59:31 am
Ah, Bob! You've finally found the Colorado equivalent of your nice Florida beaches!
I hope this is the start of a new series.

Eric
Title: Re: Field
Post by: Telecaster on May 07, 2018, 03:53:05 pm
Ah, Bob! You've finally found the Colorado equivalent of your nice Florida beaches!
I hope this is the start of a new series.

Yes indeed!

-Dave-
Title: Re: Field
Post by: James Clark on May 07, 2018, 04:45:08 pm
One of my favorites of yours, Bob!
Title: Re: Field
Post by: Bob_B on May 08, 2018, 07:32:59 am
Yes indeed!

-Dave-

+1
Title: Re: Field
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 08, 2018, 07:47:57 am
+1
Title: Re: Field
Post by: Ivo_B on May 09, 2018, 04:31:42 pm
O yes, nice.

Antony and the Johnsons:

There's a ghost on the horizon
When I go to bed
How will I fall asleep tonight?
How will I rest my head?

(Hope there's someone)
Title: Re: Field
Post by: MattBurt on May 09, 2018, 05:43:12 pm
So sparse. Interesting interpretation of a scene I have to admit I'd be unlikely to photograph. Cool.  8)
Title: Re: Field
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 09, 2018, 10:07:49 pm
Rhein Field II  ;)
Title: Re: Field
Post by: BobDavid on May 09, 2018, 11:02:50 pm
So sparse. Interesting interpretation of a scene I have to admit I'd be unlikely to photograph. Cool.  8)

I learned a lot while living along the Gulf of Mexico. I'd spend hours in one spot with my camera on a tripod and watch the horizon. It was as much about being in a meditative state as observing subtle changes of the sea leading up to the horizon. So, I guess I trained myself to see scenes such as this.