Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on May 06, 2018, 01:48:12 am

Title: Sequoia
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 06, 2018, 01:48:12 am
Sequoia. (http://blog.parrikar.com/2018/05/05/sequoia/)

PS: Not strictly landscape, but I didn't know where it would fit.
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: Bob_B on May 06, 2018, 07:54:09 am
Great set, Rajan. The first one is my favorite. (Have you considered turning it 90 deg CCW for a portrait orientation?)
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 06, 2018, 08:37:50 am
What Bob said.

They look fine here. That first one would be a good one for the Abstract thread as well.
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 06, 2018, 12:11:15 pm
Bob & Eric - Thank you.

Bob - very good suggestion.
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: HSakols on May 06, 2018, 11:11:20 pm
I particularly like your first image.  However, your first two are not giant sequio's.  My guess is the first one is a jeffry pine or ponderosa pine.  The third image is certainly a giant sequioa.  I never tire visiting these groves.  Darn the iphone X is amazing!
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 06, 2018, 11:20:53 pm
I particularly like your first image.  However, your first two are not giant sequio's.  My guess is the first one is a jeffry pine or ponderosa pine.  The third image is certainly a giant sequioa.  I never tire visiting these groves.  Darn the iphone X is amazing!

Hugh,

Thank you for the correction. They were all in same grove as General Sherman.
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: francois on May 07, 2018, 03:45:50 am
I love the first one and agree with Eric about the abstract thing. The other two shots are also interesting and as a set all three work well.
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on May 07, 2018, 05:30:45 am
Good set.
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: sarrasani on May 10, 2018, 05:58:44 pm
excellent set for my tastes.  Cross-genre between abstract/texture and nature close-up.
I like this genre and these examples are very well done.
all the best,
sandro
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 11, 2018, 01:01:30 pm
Sandro, Paulo, Francois - thank you.

I wish we had something like a 'Like' button to acknowledge responses instead of having to bump up older threads.
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: maddogmurph on May 18, 2018, 08:00:34 pm
These are decent abstracts.
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on May 26, 2018, 11:55:14 am
The first one is definitely the one for me.

Excellent Rajan..!

Dave
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 26, 2018, 01:23:26 pm
Thanks, Dave and maddogmurph.
Title: Re: Sequoia
Post by: brandtb on May 26, 2018, 02:04:56 pm
Nice that first image