Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: petermfiore on May 03, 2018, 07:56:58 am

Title: Reality Check
Post by: petermfiore on May 03, 2018, 07:56:58 am
A reality check for us all...

Peter
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: petermfiore on May 03, 2018, 07:57:49 am
There is a tremendous freedom in this...

Peter
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: RSL on May 03, 2018, 08:50:34 am
Yes!
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 03, 2018, 01:56:28 pm
Yes!
+1.
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: Rob C on May 03, 2018, 02:42:32 pm
I guess this is aimed at golfers.

But then, if you play golf (some just golf), why would anything else you do surprise anyone?

Rob
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: petermfiore on May 03, 2018, 04:54:51 pm
I guess this is aimed at golfers.

But then, if you play golf (some just golf), why would anything else you do surprise anyone?

Rob

Exactly!!

Peter
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: RSL on May 03, 2018, 07:47:28 pm
Or, to quote Churchill: "It is a game in which you propel a small ball over impossible terrain with implements ill suited to the task.
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on May 04, 2018, 03:51:53 am
Or, to quote Churchill: "It is a game in which you propel a small ball over impossible terrain with implements ill suited to the task".

Well, I'm no golfer and I prefer Mark Twain's description of it as a good walk, ruined, but it's a little hard to think of any device better suited than a golf club to propelling a small ball over a long distance.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: BJL on May 04, 2018, 06:19:28 am
... I prefer Mark Twain's description of it as a good walk, ruined ...
And more ruined than he knew with the (often mandatory) use of golf carts.
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: Rob C on May 04, 2018, 07:01:10 am
Well, I'm no golfer and I prefer Mark Twain's description of it as a good walk, ruined, but it's a little hard to think of any device better suited than a golf club to propelling a small ball over a long distance.

Jeremy


Dare I say it: a small cannon?
Title: Re: Reality Check
Post by: petermfiore on May 04, 2018, 07:13:23 am
Well, I'm no golfer and I prefer Mark Twain's description of it as a good walk, ruined, but it's a little hard to think of any device better suited than a golf club to propelling a small ball over a long distance.

Jeremy

Now in theory, if we take that golf ball into outer space and nudge it ever so slightly it will go forever. Until it enters some gravitational force, which will do to it  as want it wants.

Peter