Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Fred Salamon on April 26, 2018, 12:32:36 pm
-
Printing with an Epson SC P800 using Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster ( UPPPL).
Monitor is profiled and calibrated, softproofing in Lightroom CC.
All ICC paper profiles are stock, from Epson and Canson.
Softproof looks great on the screen, but prints are a little too magenta.
When I print on various other papers softproof and print are a good match.
Since my workflow and system produce great results with other papers, is it correct to think that the issue is the Epson ICC profile for this specific paper and my specific printer?
If so, is the answer a custom ICC profile for UPPPL ? Or is there something that I am overlooking and need to fix?
-
Could be the profile, not all are created equally from Epson.
But first, test this output with a color reference image like this:
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip
Then examine it under differing kinds of lighting. Forget the display for the moment. Magenta cast?
-
Andrew, thanks for taking the time to respond.
I printed the file and viewed it under various light sources.
There is still a magenta cast on the straight print, but adjusting the Tint to -4 cleans it up.
Can I conclude that it is the Epson ICC profile and my particular printer?
If so, would a custom profile be the way to resolve this?
-
Can I conclude that it is the Epson ICC profile and my particular printer?
If so, would a custom profile be the way to resolve this?
Most likely yes on both counts. The data in the test image has cast so it's something introduced when printing on your side.
-
Andrew,
Thank you for your help.