Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Peter McLennan on April 25, 2018, 09:42:57 pm

Title: HP Z3200: software for nesting multiple docs in one print job, roll paper
Post by: Peter McLennan on April 25, 2018, 09:42:57 pm
Roll paper, 42" wide. Let's say I want to print several docs on one big job - two copies of one image across the page or nest/arrange multiple individual images on one print job, while minimizing waste media.  What's the best (or easiest) workflow and software for doing this?
Title: Re: HP Z3200: software for nesting multiple docs in one print job, roll paper
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on April 26, 2018, 02:59:30 am
Roll paper, 42" wide. Let's say I want to print several docs on one big job - two copies of one image across the page or nest/arrange multiple individual images on one print job, while minimizing waste media.  What's the best (or easiest) workflow and software for doing this?

Docs like PDFs ?  A RIP with Postscript interpreting and even then nesting more PDFs on one print page will be difficult.  Z3200-PS package has a RIP aboard, not that many features as in other RIPs. If docs are just images then any of the Qimage programs will do the job.  Choices depending on your OS. Usable replies depend on better specified questions.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Title: Re: HP Z3200: software for nesting multiple docs in one print job, roll paper
Post by: Peter McLennan on April 26, 2018, 05:01:22 pm
Usable replies depend on better specified questions.

Point taken, Ernst.  :) 

I've sworn off Qimage after ten years of use.  Too many imponderables were introduced by my new Z3200. 
I've not tried the Z3200 PS driver, just the PCL one.  Perhaps it has layout capabilities I've not seen.  I'll try it. Thanks!