Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Enda Cavanagh on April 25, 2018, 01:06:03 pm

Title: Moonlight over Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on April 25, 2018, 01:06:03 pm
Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula has become hugely popular with landscape photographers in recent years. It is in a wonderful part of Donegal along the Irish coast. A full moon and a thin veil of cloud created a lovely affect. The exposure

A stitched photo with rise and fall. Captured with my Phase One IQ3100 on an Arca Swiss RL3Di and 32mm Rodenstock. Bottom exposure was 8 seconds to capture a sense of movement in the water.

If you would like to see the image in a larger size, you can click here. (https://www.endacavanagh.com/gallery/p/fanad-lighthouse-inishowen-donegal/)

(https://www.endacavanagh.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/EFA-256-Fanad-Lighthouse-inishown-Donegal-3.jpg)
 
Title: Re: Moonlight over Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula
Post by: guido on April 25, 2018, 01:14:21 pm
Oh that is quite grand! Really nice work! Thank you for sharing!
Title: Re: Moonlight over Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 25, 2018, 02:08:36 pm
Lovely.
Title: Re: Moonlight over Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula
Post by: RSL on April 25, 2018, 02:49:17 pm
+1
Title: Re: Moonlight over Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 26, 2018, 06:11:35 am
Very well done. To me, the bottom dark part (gully?) is not necessary, I would crop it.
Title: Re: Moonlight over Fanad Lighthouse on the Inishowen Peninsula
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on April 26, 2018, 07:32:38 pm
Very well done. To me, the bottom dark part (gully?) is not necessary, I would crop it.
Thanks Paula. I do prefer the gap. I positioned myself so I have that sliver of water runing diagonally down to the bottom.