Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ivo_B on April 24, 2018, 02:29:15 pm

Title: The friendly giant
Post by: Ivo_B on April 24, 2018, 02:29:15 pm
Portrait on 8x10" Positive direct paper.
Title: Re: The friendly giant
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 29, 2018, 03:20:33 pm
I really like the selective blurring that provides emphasis to his face.
Title: Re: The friendly giant
Post by: Ivophoto on April 29, 2018, 04:01:05 pm
I really like the selective blurring that provides emphasis to his face.

Tx, but it’s not selective blurring, it is large format DOF.
Title: Re: The friendly giant
Post by: Telecaster on April 29, 2018, 04:33:32 pm
I bet Andres is referring to DOF control rather than post processing.  :)

-Dave-
Title: Re: The friendly giant
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 30, 2018, 10:11:47 am
I bet Andres is referring to DOF control rather than post processing.  :)

-Dave-
Honestly, I thought it was done in post! It is such a shallow well controlled DOF, I wonder what were the tech details. A long telephoto opened all the way? I liked even better now. Great job.
Title: Re: The friendly giant
Post by: petermfiore on April 30, 2018, 10:32:48 am
A long telephoto opened all the way? I liked even better now. Great job.
Wonderful photo...

It is a great job, regardless of how it was made. Curious as to what makes it's better, now knowing a bit of how it was made...

Peter
Title: Re: The friendly giant
Post by: Ivo_B on April 30, 2018, 01:40:00 pm
Wonderful photo...

It is a great job, regardless of how it was made. Curious as to what makes it's better, now knowing a bit of how it was made...

Peter

Hi Andres,

It is large format. 8x10". The lens is a 320mm 5.6, this is plus minus the standard focal length for 8x10".
There is absolutely no post processing, even not in the darkroom. It is taken on direct positieve paper

This is me with my camera:


Title: Re: The friendly giant
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 30, 2018, 02:16:45 pm
Hi Andres,

It is large format. 8x10". The lens is a 320mm 5.6, this is plus minus the standard focal length for 8x10".
There is absolutely no post processing, even not in the darkroom. It is taken on direct positieve paper

This is me with my camera:

/quote]

This is great! Love to see the craftsmanship and a more "organic" approach. Great photos!  I of course can not replicate this type of work with my refurbished T4 Rebel but I truly enjoy it.
Title: Re: The friendly giant
Post by: Telecaster on April 30, 2018, 04:33:19 pm
Honestly, I thought it was done in post!

Hah, serves me right!  :D

-Dave-