Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: DougJ on April 23, 2018, 08:36:12 pm

Title: no output values displayed in PS CC 2018 curves adjustment
Post by: DougJ on April 23, 2018, 08:36:12 pm
Hi folks,

I'm up to date with PS CC 2018.  I've just noticed that when I open a curves adjustment layer, as I adjust the curve no output values are displayed.

However, when I use my PS CC 2017 (still installed) version, the output values are displayed.

At this point I've done a preference reset for CC 2018, but no joy. 

For the record, I'm running up to date W7 and none of my other software that I use is showing any malfunction.

If I'm missing something, please point me in the right direction--or is this a well-established bug?

TIA,
Doug
Title: Re: no output values displayed in PS CC 2018 curves adjustment
Post by: Peter McLennan on April 23, 2018, 09:03:48 pm
Upgraded to the latest version last night.  All values display normally.  W10 64.
Title: Re: no output values displayed in PS CC 2018 curves adjustment
Post by: DougJ on April 23, 2018, 09:57:06 pm
Thanks for your situation.  I'm running W7 64.  I've Googled but can't find any reference to the behaviour I'm observing.
Ciao,
Doug
Title: Re: no output values displayed in PS CC 2018 curves adjustment
Post by: DougJ on April 23, 2018, 10:22:56 pm
Peter,
All is now well.
I had been using an Adobe video that had you removing a photoshop preference file located in an Adobe folder within the User folder, and that had not done the trick.
Then I was reminded of the big hammer: holding down Shift/Cntrl/Alt while invoking the program.  That did the trick.
Ciao,
Doug
Title: Re: no output values displayed in PS CC 2018 curves adjustment
Post by: Peter McLennan on April 23, 2018, 10:23:56 pm
Good spelunking.  Glad you're back to normal.