Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on April 23, 2018, 02:55:38 pm

Title: ice pattern
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 23, 2018, 02:55:38 pm
?

Jeremy
Title: Re: ice pattern
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 23, 2018, 02:59:41 pm
OK, but less interesting (to me at least) than ice detail.
Title: Re: ice pattern
Post by: Kevin Raber on April 23, 2018, 03:56:26 pm
You may be a bit too contrasty or saturated on this one.  I know it's me saying that but the blue was more aqua/ . Try adjusting levels and or backing down the saturation and contrast.  Some nice images!
Title: Re: ice pattern
Post by: Peter McLennan on April 23, 2018, 04:31:44 pm
I like it.  I share Kevin's opinion on the saturation, though. 
I also don't like whatever that is in the lower right.  I think it needs Charlie's "Border Patrol".
Title: Re: ice pattern
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 24, 2018, 01:36:04 pm
You may be a bit too contrasty or saturated on this one.  I know it's me saying that but the blue was more aqua/ . Try adjusting levels and or backing down the saturation and contrast.  Some nice images!

Bloody hell: Raber's telling me I've over-saturated something. I'm going to have to lie down for a while  ;)

I'll have a play.

Jeremy
Title: Re: ice pattern
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 24, 2018, 04:09:59 pm
Bloody hell: Raber's telling me I've over-saturated something. I'm going to have to lie down for a while  ;)

I'll have a play.

Jeremy
Don't panic, Jeremy. Kevin is just trying to build up a market for his new PS plug-in called the Deraberizer.   ;D
Title: Re: ice pattern
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 29, 2018, 08:22:51 am
I've had my lie down, drunk a large Scotch and had another look. This is the result.

Jeremy
Title: Re: ice pattern
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 29, 2018, 09:20:25 am
Ah, Scotch! The photographer's friend (even more so than PhotoShop).