Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Alex Waugh on April 22, 2018, 06:04:26 pm

Title: Cameras that allow invert / flip image in EVF or live view?
Post by: Alex Waugh on April 22, 2018, 06:04:26 pm
Hi everyone,
Im just wondering if any digital cameras have the ability to vertically invert the live view or EVF image to aid composition. I miss composing like this when I'm not shooting 4x5. Seems like an easy thing to add in firmware but I'd love it. I know I can shoot and then check afterwards but its not the same.

Pretty brand agnostic over here!
Title: Re: Cameras that allow invert / flip image in EVF or live view?
Post by: Eric Brody on April 25, 2018, 11:40:22 am
Interestingly, I have longed for the same thing since I gave up my 4x5 and started using digital cameras. Clearly it should not be difficult to do though I am not an engineer. I loved the abstract, geometric view one has with an upside down-reversed view. It allowed for and even insisted on a more contemplative approach. I'm not holding my breath though.
Title: Re: Cameras that allow invert / flip image in EVF or live view?
Post by: bassman51 on April 25, 2018, 08:00:29 pm
Trivial to implement, as can be seen from review screens that auto-rotate the image.  But I’ve never heard of a camera with the feature.   
Title: Re: Cameras that allow invert / flip image in EVF or live view?
Post by: tom b on April 25, 2018, 09:34:56 pm
This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQKgaB29-Q4) may be solution to your problem (around 2:00 in is interesting).

Cheers,
Title: Re: Cameras that allow invert / flip image in EVF or live view?
Post by: Alex Waugh on April 26, 2018, 08:30:40 pm
Ridiculous to think I’ll need to buy a seperate screen instead of using the perfectly good 2 available on my camera but it may be the only way.
Title: Re: Cameras that allow invert / flip image in EVF or live view?
Post by: Two23 on April 26, 2018, 09:16:51 pm
Just use the camera upside down. ;)


Kent in SD
Title: Re: Cameras that allow invert / flip image in EVF or live view?
Post by: BJL on April 27, 2018, 01:44:22 pm
Just use the camera upside down. ;)
When we had this same discussion in the past, I suggested that, but it was pointed out that you actually need to have the photographer upside down!