Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: henrikfoto on April 20, 2018, 09:04:55 am

Title: gfx 200mm canon or 200mm nikon?
Post by: henrikfoto on April 20, 2018, 09:04:55 am
I am thinking of getting one of these lenses for my gfx. The Canon af adapter allready exists, and I am sure the Nikon af adapter will be here very soon.

My question is this:  Is one of these lenses better than the other? I know one is 1,8 and the other is 2,0
But is one better in any way? And will they cover most of the gfx sensor? (I am not concerned about a little darker corners.)

I have also seen the new Fujifilm 250mm, but it is f.4. I see the canon/nikon 200mm can be bought for a good price used. From what I have seen, the Nikon 200 f.2 is very very good, but is the Canon 1,8 also this good?
Title: Re: gfx 200mm canon or 200mm nikon?
Post by: BernardLanguillier on April 20, 2018, 12:31:23 pm
There are 2 versions of the Nikon.

The mains differences are the coating and the VR generation.

I own a copy of the first gen that I bought second hand. It is very very good indeed.

This lens is very likely to be updated to the E FL standard soon.

Cheers,
Bernard