Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => For Sale => Topic started by: dgberg on April 18, 2018, 03:00:27 pm

Title: Epson 4880 with 7 good channels for piezography
Post by: dgberg on April 18, 2018, 03:00:27 pm
17" roll feed Epson 4880 presently setup with refillable carts for dye sublimation.
Light Cyan is clogged which makes it a perfect candidate for Jon Cones Piezography 7 channel black & white.
The 8 refillable carts can be flushed out and used with piezography inks. A rip would be required to separate that bad channel.
The carts alone are a $150 value.
$529.00
Sorry no shipping. Here in southeastern Pa. for testing and pickup.

[email protected]
Title: Re: Epson 4880 with 7 good channels for piezography ( No longer for sale)
Post by: dgberg on April 19, 2018, 01:21:20 pm
Well after a month of trying everything to clean this clog with no results.
I put it up for sale and this morning I got the clog cleared.
Of course after I purchased a new P8000 with 9000ml of dye sub ink and refillable carts.
I guess the good news for me anyway it is now worth a thousand rather then $500.  :)
Printer is now off the market.
Thanks everyone for looking.
Title: Re: Epson 4880 with 7 good channels for piezography
Post by: Peter McLennan on April 20, 2018, 12:29:09 pm
Heh.  Great story.  Glad it worked out in the end.

On the other hand, on the very day I purchased an iPad Pro, without warning my two year old Samsung tablet croaked for good. Charging system failure.  :'(
Title: Re: Epson 4880 with 7 good channels for piezography ( No longer for sale)
Post by: Rand47 on April 27, 2018, 07:15:19 pm
Well after a month of trying everything to clean this clog with no results.
I put it up for sale and this morning I got the clog cleared.
Of course after I purchased a new P8000 with 9000ml of dye sub ink and refillable carts.
I guess the good news for me anyway it is now worth a thousand rather then $500.  :)
Printer is now off the market.
Thanks everyone for looking.

My 4880 didn't clog much, but when it did it was a booger to get unclogged.  Glad you were able to clear yours.  That nasty pattern looks all too familiar, except mine was always the light magenta.

Rand