Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Andres Bonilla on April 17, 2018, 07:07:13 pm

Title: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 17, 2018, 07:07:13 pm
On my way to Trastevere. When I saw it I immediately thought of the beloved movie, the original with the warm tones, not the digital one with the cool palette.  Please see at full resolution, I tried different things with the texturing. Thanks!
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: armand on April 17, 2018, 07:41:06 pm
I like it, the treatment gives that ancient times feel.
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 18, 2018, 12:17:20 am
I like it, the treatment gives that ancient times feel.
+1.
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: francois on April 18, 2018, 03:24:22 am
I like it, the treatment gives that ancient times feel.

Yes, exactly, it's a perfect match between the subject and the treatment!
Well done.
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: Rob C on April 18, 2018, 07:30:01 am
Is there a connection between Rome and Pinocchio?

Rob
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on April 18, 2018, 07:58:26 am
 Andres, I can only echo what others have said. Just lovely!!
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: JNB_Rare on April 18, 2018, 10:17:50 am
Very nice. The treatment gives it an illustration quality, which works for the 'storytime' subject.
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 18, 2018, 02:43:37 pm
I like it, the treatment gives that ancient times feel.
Thanks! I was going for the nostalgia I have about this story and the beautiful Disney film
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 18, 2018, 02:44:54 pm
Yes, exactly, it's a perfect match between the subject and the treatment!
Well done.
Thanks, the place was like a treasure found! I am glad I did not miss it.
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 18, 2018, 02:48:14 pm
Is there a connection between Rome and Pinocchio?

Rob
The writer of the book is from Florence if I recall correctly and the story takes place in a village close to Lucca but Pinocchio is a cultural icon in Italy and the world. I should have bought the old book I saw at the market.
Title: Re: Geppetto's Bottega
Post by: Andres Bonilla on April 18, 2018, 02:49:30 pm
Very nice. The treatment gives it an illustration quality, which works for the 'storytime' subject.

Thanks! It took me a while! I even saw a bit of my old VHS movie.