Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: sarrasani on April 17, 2018, 03:36:38 pm

Title: Monte Rosa (West Alps) scenarios
Post by: sarrasani on April 17, 2018, 03:36:38 pm
from Gressoney, at the Lys sources.
18 mm.  Contax-Zeiss and 135 Angenieux with a7r.
All the best,
Sandrp
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (West Alps) scenarios
Post by: francois on April 18, 2018, 08:07:14 am
Very nice set again, Sandro. Actually, some of your photos remind me those from Vittorio Sella.
Bravo.
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (West Alps) scenarios
Post by: sarrasani on April 19, 2018, 06:30:57 pm
Very nice set again, Sandro. Actually, some of your photos remind me those from Vittorio Sella.
Bravo.

too much kind.....and about Vittorio Sella.....I think that these mirrorless are a particular (and so small in comparison....) kind of large format camera (I like and sometimes I use my 13X18).  Magnification on the screen instead of the loupe, all manual focus.....
Vittorio sella in his later years re-printed many of his films with a new bi-tonal tuning: warm/sepia for low zones and cool/selenium for high zones
....as a joke (but sometimes I like this) it's easy to tone in this way the jpg, or better the raw file.
All the best,
Sandro
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (West Alps) scenarios
Post by: guido on April 19, 2018, 08:14:38 pm
Marvelous work!
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (West Alps) scenarios
Post by: francois on April 23, 2018, 04:54:42 am
too much kind.....and about Vittorio Sella.....I think that these mirrorless are a particular (and so small in comparison....) kind of large format camera (I like and sometimes I use my 13X18).  Magnification on the screen instead of the loupe, all manual focus.....
Vittorio sella in his later years re-printed many of his films with a new bi-tonal tuning: warm/sepia for low zones and cool/selenium for high zones
....as a joke (but sometimes I like this) it's easy to tone in this way the jpg, or better the raw file.
All the best,
Sandro

Hi,
I remember a documentary about the Karakorum glaciers and V. Sella photography (as a reference). I cannot remember whether it was interesting or not but in Italy, you can wath it here:

http://www.fabianoventura.it/en/productions/documentaries/mission-to-karakorum/

and streaming here: https://youdoc.it/video/trails-glaciers-mission-karakorum

Title: Re: Monte Rosa (West Alps) scenarios
Post by: sarrasani on April 23, 2018, 04:56:46 pm
Marvelous work!


thank you Guido!! :)
Title: Re: Monte Rosa (West Alps) scenarios
Post by: sarrasani on April 23, 2018, 04:59:54 pm
Hi,
I remember a documentary about the Karakorum glaciers and V. Sella photography (as a reference). I cannot remember whether it was interesting or not but in Italy, you can wath it here:

http://www.fabianoventura.it/en/productions/documentaries/mission-to-karakorum/

and streaming here: https://youdoc.it/video/trails-glaciers-mission-karakorum

Thank you again Francis
Alps, Caucaso, Karakorum, and the Duca degli Abruzzi K2 expedition......great prints, also as seen in dedicated books.
One of them , "Summit" is presented and commented by ansel Adams. Great names, and great photography season.