Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: David Eckels on April 16, 2018, 12:54:46 pm

Title: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: David Eckels on April 16, 2018, 12:54:46 pm
Shot in 2009 with a Nikon D5000 and re-processed yesterday using some new things I've learned recently from the Charlie Kramer video series and Tony Kuyper's luminosity masking scripts.
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: guido on April 16, 2018, 01:11:37 pm
Very fine image! Well seen and processed!
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 16, 2018, 01:19:56 pm
Nice processing.
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on April 16, 2018, 02:35:30 pm
Lovely colours you have in this shot David, with the nice warm tones on the land coming towards you and the cooler tones of the sky leading away, which gives the shot a feeling of distance and depth and is exactly what photography is all about  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 16, 2018, 03:11:14 pm
Beautiful, David.
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 17, 2018, 03:28:21 am
That's a lovely scene. My only criticism is that you appear to have tried to lighten the bird in the foreground to the left, which has left an oval halo around it that is quite distracting.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: David Eckels on April 17, 2018, 09:56:42 am
Jeremy, you're right and it is more easily seen in the squashed jpeg/sharpening algorithm I use. I missed it, but will try Slobodan's trick of applying negative clarity to see if I can eliminate it. BTW, I wasn't trying to lighten it, I was trying to keep it from being softened by the noise reduction filter I used on the water.

MODIFICATION: Yes, the Blagojevic effect works! Minus 100 clarity with the adjustment brush tool, but it took two of them.
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: David Eckels on April 17, 2018, 05:03:45 pm
Antelope Island Reflections
The second in this series of two. The same beach, just a little further down the road, wider angle.
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: guido on April 17, 2018, 05:08:45 pm
That is really nice too! Really wonderful sky.
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 17, 2018, 05:36:28 pm
Some lovely light you had that day. Like the composition in the second one.
Title: Re: Antelope Island Revisited
Post by: mseawell on April 20, 2018, 08:55:34 pm
Gorgeous image! I think this has been well processed. I need to get out to Antelope Island again myself.

Mark