Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on April 15, 2018, 02:05:32 pm

Title: yab
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 15, 2018, 02:05:32 pm
?

Jeremy
Title: Re: yab
Post by: guido on April 15, 2018, 02:21:50 pm
I like that a lot more than the earlier ones. The low hanging cloud makes it pop nicely. I like the form of the berg more too.
Title: Re: yab
Post by: AnthonyM on April 15, 2018, 06:09:36 pm
The intense blue (which I know is nature) is very powerful against the more muted tones of the surroundings.
Title: Re: yab
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 15, 2018, 09:56:25 pm
Now that's a first class berg.
Title: Re: yab
Post by: Kevin Raber on April 15, 2018, 11:20:06 pm
Nice one Jeremy.  In the end some of that bad weather we had actually made for some good backdrops to the icebergs.
Title: Re: yab
Post by: Ivo_B on April 16, 2018, 02:04:52 am
An interesting berg it is.
The blue in the hole of the berg makes the picture imo.



Looking at this picture, I realize that Capa's mantra 'If Your Pictures Aren’t Good Enough, You’re Not Close Enough' is a dangerous mantra for a 'berg' photographer. Hallelujah for the zoom's.
Title: Re: yab
Post by: farbschlurf on April 16, 2018, 02:36:50 am
I agree, this is the best iceberg so far! The shape is clear and interesting. For me, the sky almost is a bit too strong here, but probably a matter of taste. It's a great picture.
Title: Re: yab
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 16, 2018, 03:12:02 am
Thanks, all.

Getting close to bergs is a very bad idea, as the drivers of the Zodiacs were at pains to point out whenever we suggested anything adventurous: although it's infrequent, the things can overturn without warning and many of them are jolly big. That said, although I used a 100-400 for perhaps 90% of my photos on the trip, this one was taken at 35mm.

Jeremy