Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: farbschlurf on April 15, 2018, 01:04:48 pm

Title: Lake
Post by: farbschlurf on April 15, 2018, 01:04:48 pm
Unfortunately almost no clouds there, yesterday.
But: just when I stood there photographing a kingfisher flew by! First I've seen in the wild. No blue trace on the photo visible, though!
;-)
I cannot really decide which I like best ...



Title: Re: Lake
Post by: RMW on April 15, 2018, 01:38:50 pm
#1 is my favorite. It's so clean in an aesthetic way. And the tree across the lake looks so good behind the tree in the foreground.
Don't know why, but it all reminds me somehow of an early renaissance drawing.
Richard
Title: Re: Lake
Post by: David Eckels on April 15, 2018, 01:55:30 pm
Love the splashes of color in 2394. Well executed, Stefan; fantastic DOF.
Title: Re: Lake
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 15, 2018, 06:13:06 pm
I'm usually keen on monochrome, but here my favourite is #2. I suspect you could do a better job on the B&W conversion, though: the clouds have been pretty much completely lost in your rendering, which makes the sky very uninteresting.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Lake
Post by: guido on April 15, 2018, 06:41:04 pm
I really like #1. #3 is a close second.

I do agree that if the sky was darkened and the clouds enhanced it might be even better...
Title: Re: Lake
Post by: luxborealis on April 15, 2018, 08:48:53 pm
Well-seen and composed as Richard pointed out.
B&W - The white sky sucks the life out of the rest of the tones.
Colour 2 and 3 - Both seem too saturated for my liking.
Title: Re: Lake
Post by: farbschlurf on April 16, 2018, 02:33:33 am
Thanks for all your kind commends and suggestions. I'm afraid the particular frame I converted to B&W really has no clouds in it. Might try another frame, though there might be different issues, that is: wind ... as color is mentioned: True, there're rather saturated. Probably after the winter I was helping spring a bit too much, color-wise. Actually I think I really need to go there in a week or two, when the leaves really show. Thanks again!
Title: Re: Lake
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 16, 2018, 04:39:28 pm
#2 is beautiful.
Title: Re: Lake
Post by: francois on April 17, 2018, 06:47:58 am
I love the second shot. With this warm light, I feel immediately comfortable. The other two image are also very nice but #1 is slightly ahead of the last shot. FWIW, I'm not bothered by the vibrant colors in the last image…

Well done!
Title: Re: Lake
Post by: MattBurt on April 17, 2018, 03:32:24 pm
Nice composition and scene although I have to wonder how a lower perspective so the overhead branch doesn't overlap with the background trees would look. Where those elements overlap it gets a little busy IMO but that's a small issue.
I like number 2 but would probably like one with a little less saturation even more.
Title: Re: Lake
Post by: sarrasani on April 17, 2018, 03:39:21 pm
IMHO excellent the center-left zone.  wonderful trees group on the other side.
Sandro