Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on April 13, 2018, 02:49:19 pm
-
Don't look, Russ! It's another berg!
Anyone else, please comment ;)
Jeremy
-
It is a decent, standard, classical shot of an iceberg. Nothing wrong with that. Now, there seems to be something there that, with a bit of postprocessing, my elevate it above standard. There seem to be rays, or clouds that look like rays, that seem to radiate from behind the iceberg. Working on the sky portion, you might want to increase the contrast and/or Clarity to bring it out further.
-
It is a decent, standard, classical shot of an iceberg. Nothing wrong with that. Now, there seems to be something there that, with a bit of postprocessing, my elevate it above standard. There seem to be rays, or clouds that look like rays, that seem to radiate from behind the iceberg. Working on the sky portion, you might want to increase the contrast and/or Clarity to bring it out further.
I agree with Slobodan.
-
Also have to agree. The rays are visible in the thumbnail but not (or not that much) in the larger image.
Spend a bit more time in PP and you'll have another stunning shot.
-
It is a decent, standard, classical shot of an iceberg. Nothing wrong with that. Now, there seems to be something there that, with a bit of postprocessing, my elevate it above standard. There seem to be rays, or clouds that look like rays, that seem to radiate from behind the iceberg. Working on the sky portion, you might want to increase the contrast and/or Clarity to bring it out further.
Fair point. It was the "rays" which attracted me to the shot, and they aren't as apparent in this JPEG as they seemed to me on my Mac.
Here's a somewhat more "worked" version. I don't think it's overdone.
Jeremy
-
I really like where you went with that, Jeremy. That being said, if it was me, I'd crop to a 2:1 AR to remove some of the sea at the bottom. If it was me, but then it isn't!
-
Much better in the new version.
As for cropping the bottom, you might want to ask Russ for advice. ;)
-
I really like where you went with that, Jeremy. That being said, if it was me, I'd crop to a 2:1 AR to remove some of the sea at the bottom. If it was me, but then it isn't!
Thanks, David, but I like the blue in the water too much to lose it.
Jeremy