Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Two23 on April 13, 2018, 12:10:16 am

Title: Night & Day
Post by: Two23 on April 13, 2018, 12:10:16 am
Winter returned right on schedule again last weekend, so I loaded up my Subeeboo Forester with my camera & lighting gear and headed north up into Minnesota along the BNSF Marshall subdivision.  The roads were horrible of course--could only drive 40 mph on them.  The trains were running though!  I eventually made it to Lynd, MN, which is about 80 miles from home.  I set up tripod, D800E, and Nikon 24mm PC-E (my most used lens.)  I did catch a s/b train there about an hour later.  As evening came, I set up x5 Nikon SB-25 flash with CyberSync triggers, and waited.  After waiting for four hours I reluctantly decided to pack it in and head back south to home.  And of course, I spotted a n/b grain train about 20 miles down the line.  I didn't get home until after 2am Monday morning.  I headed back up to Lynd Monday evening, set up again, and did catch another s/b manifest train after a short wait.  Persistence pays!  A major blizzard is hitting my state (yes, the entire state) this weekend.  I'll head out again if the roads are open.  I love winter nights!  Any way, this kind of photography is my specialty.  I've been doing it for twelve years now.


Kent in SD
Title: Re: Night & Day
Post by: BobDavid on April 13, 2018, 12:57:40 am
Wonderful!