Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Luis M. Anibarro on April 11, 2018, 08:08:42 am

Title: Godafoss, Iceland
Post by: Luis M. Anibarro on April 11, 2018, 08:08:42 am
Sometimes a waterfall is about light, besides water
Title: Re: Godafoss, Iceland
Post by: guido on April 11, 2018, 08:47:20 am
Wow! Superb image!
Title: Re: Godafoss, Iceland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 11, 2018, 09:31:28 am
Very nice.
Title: Re: Godafoss, Iceland
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 12, 2018, 04:38:39 am
Well done.
Title: Re: Godafoss, Iceland
Post by: Kevin Raber on April 12, 2018, 07:13:42 am
One of my favorite locations, well captured, like it as BW.
Title: Re: Godafoss, Iceland
Post by: PeterAit on April 12, 2018, 08:59:52 am
Very nice, and well processed as a B&W. I do wish you had used a faster shutter - I find the "cotton water" effect to be overused and banal, and the water doesn't actually look like that anyway!!
Title: Re: Godafoss, Iceland
Post by: Luis M. Anibarro on April 12, 2018, 01:42:34 pm
Thanks a lot to all...
regarding the time exposure, Peter, fully agree with you, I'm hiding away from silky effect also, but this time I imagine this shot, not as a merely waterfall reproduction, but as a moment of light, not necessarily having to do with water.
Sorry for my english.
Kevin, this location is, also actually my second home, I'm traveling Laugar (10 kms away from Godafoss) once every two months for work ;) so, sometimes you get a calm time there to think about a different shot, away from the common tourists rush... and sometimes you can also be so lucky to find moments as shown in the next post... ;)

Title: Re: Godafoss, Iceland
Post by: PeterAit on April 12, 2018, 02:16:12 pm
Thanks a lot to all...
regarding the time exposure, Peter, fully agree with you, I'm hiding away from silky effect also, but this time I imagine this shot, not as a merely waterfall reproduction, but as a moment of light, not necessarily having to do with water.
Sorry for my english.

[/quote

Your English is fine!

Title: Re: Godafoss, Iceland
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 12, 2018, 02:40:04 pm
Very nice, and well processed as a B&W. I do wish you had used a faster shutter - I find the "cotton water" effect to be overused and banal, and the water doesn't actually look like that anyway!!

It has pros and cons, but I think it works well here.

Jeremy