Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on April 08, 2018, 10:44:38 am
-
Thoughts?
Jeremy
-
Nice, the Zodiac gives a good idea of the scale of the berg… By the way, did you flip the image horizontally?
-
Nice, the Zodiac gives a good idea of the scale of the berg… By the way, did you flip the image horizontally?
Why do you ask?
Jeremy
-
Why do you ask?
Jeremy
Pure curiosity!
-
I find all the tiny white specks in the background to be distracting. They don't look like birds.
-
I find all the tiny white specks in the background to be distracting. They don't look like birds.
It's probably snow?
-
It was snowing.
François, part of the shot is left-right reversed. I'm intrigued as to what made you ask / gave me away.
Jeremy
-
It was snowing.
François, part of the shot is left-right reversed. I'm intrigued as to what made you ask / gave me away.
Jeremy
The reverse "7" marking on the side of the Zodiac was puzzling. I tried to flip it to back to see the resulting image and concluded that the one you posted was better (probably because we read from left to right) but I was still wondering whether you flipped it for that reason or if the marking was reverse "7".
-
The reverse "7" marking on the side of the Zodiac was puzzling. I tried to flip it to back to see the resulting image and concluded that the one you posted was better (probably because we read from left to right) but I was still wondering whether you flipped it for that reason or if the marking was reverse "7".
Well spotted!
I have reversed the foreground and moved it to the right. It looks better, to my eye, this way.
Jeremy
-
Well spotted!
I have reversed the foreground and moved it to the right. It looks better, to my eye, this way.
Jeremy
You did well!
-
Now, just to perfect it, why not cut out that "7" in PhotoShop and reverse it. ;)
-
+1 8)
-
Now, just to perfect it, why not cut out that "7" in PhotoShop and reverse it. ;)
Brilliant idea but since I'm lazy I would simply clone it out and then nobody would ask weird questions! ;D
Edit: typo correction of "clone"
-
Brilliant idea but since I'm lazy I would simply cone it out and then nobody would ask weird questions! ;D
But somebody might ask, "Hey! Where's the 7?" :D
-
But somebody might ask, "Hey! Where's the 7?" :D
It's here!
Jeremy
-
Well done, Jeremy. No one will ever know.
-
But wasn't the 7 backwards on the real boat? :D
-
How would this look as a 10x8 crop, removing the extra space on the left of frame?
-
Wow! We've got a new cropper amongst us.
-
How would this look as a 10x8 crop, removing the extra space on the left of frame?
Bad. The berg would be too centrally placed and the Zodiac's wake would be cut off.
Jeremy