Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on April 04, 2018, 09:14:11 am
-
.
-
Nice. At first look, the snow doesn't seem like snow, due to the melting. Interesting pattern.
-
The sky is a bit too 'crunchy' for me Bill, perhaps a little too much clarity (or whatever it is that you are using). In fact have you tried putting a little minus clarity into snowy shots, it can add a sort of pleasant glow into lighter areas such as snow, but you have to be careful and keep an eye on the shadows at the same time, as they can start to block up quite quickly using this effect.
Dave
-
Nice and the snow looks a bit like some brainrock formations in White Pocket Fold or dried mud patches in Death Valley/Stovepipe Well dunes.
-
Thanks for the comments. Dave, I know what you mean and taking on board your suggestions & had another go at it. I think this is better than the original.
-
I like the new version.
-
Yes, better and more natural!
-
Thanks for the comments. Dave, I know what you mean and taking on board your suggestions & had another go at it. I think this is better than the original.
Yes Bill I agree and think it looks much more natural.
Clouds like the ones you have in this shot Bill, are usually a bit of a problem for me as well, as these types of cloud are sort of evenly spread out and evenly lit and a bit grey(ish), so it becomes quite difficult trying to put some oomph into them without them looking processed. So what I tend to try and do if I can on such cloudy days, is to look for woodier areas and shots of trees etc, that can look quite good under such even lighting conditions - not always, but sometimes.
But I am always glad to offer up my 2p's worth of an idea or two Bill and also so glad that you have been willing to listen and have a go at what I have suggested ;)
Dave