Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on April 03, 2018, 06:43:40 am
-
This was shot during my most recent workshop on Lofoten on the last morning with amazing light.
The camera was the Nikon D850 and the Nikon 70-200 f/4 VR lens at 78mm.
Direct link http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Landscapes/Lofoten/i-v2hZBSs/A
(https://photos.smugmug.com/Landscapes/Lofoten/i-v2hZBSs/0/772d8aeb/X3/DSC_1067-X3.jpg)
-
Magic light on the mountain while preserving the shadows, this is a beauty.
-
+1...simply "wow!"
-
Stunning.
-
A very special image! Well done Hans!
-
This is what photographic landscape SHOULD be. It almost can rival landscape painting. Great stuff, Hans.
-
A fairly significant amount of CA, Hans. Wasn't it possible to correct for it?
-
How can you say this image has significant CA??
-
Very nice image. I don't see any CA at this resolution.
-
The CA is pretty obvious without enlarging the image and even with my fading eye-sight. It's significant enough to change the character of the image, see crop2 as an example where the trees get a red glow and the gras patches are no longer a uniform color.
Even if it is not immediately obvious, I'm fairly certain that this type of artefact can be perceived subconsciously and have side-effects like causing fatigue etc...
-
Well I definitely see it in your examples there.
Should be easy to fix, but the OP should probably reprocess the file and do the CA fix before any of the embellishing types of filters (like detail extractor if using Nik).
-
I did not see the CA but I agree it is there. I have clicked the remove chromatic aberration in the lens correction in Lighroom. The image is reloaded onto my website.
Thanks for all the responses (CA or not :) )
-
You should have used the Canon ;)
-
just like falling in love...
amazing shot