Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: guido on March 25, 2018, 04:26:39 pm

Title: Sudbury, MA
Post by: guido on March 25, 2018, 04:26:39 pm
Comments welcome! Thanks for looking!

(https://i.imgur.com/7hRqZHB.jpg)

Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L

(https://i.imgur.com/jJtEf95.jpg)

Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II

(https://i.imgur.com/r3rUQvq.jpg)

Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L
Title: Re: Sudbury, MA
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 25, 2018, 06:28:23 pm
Nice set, Guido. My favorite is the third.

Are these in Great Meadows? Or maybe where one of the state highways crosses the Sudbury River?

-Eric
Title: Re: Sudbury, MA
Post by: guido on March 25, 2018, 07:09:42 pm
Nice set, Guido. My favorite is the third.

Are these in Great Meadows? Or maybe where one of the state highways crosses the Sudbury River?

-Eric

Thanks Eric!

The 1st and 3rd are off Route 27. The 2nd is off Concord Rd. between Nine Acre Corner and Sudbury Center.
Title: Re: Sudbury, MA
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 25, 2018, 08:03:46 pm
The third is a fine image. Easy to clone out the distracting elements at the bottom of the frame.
Title: Re: Sudbury, MA
Post by: farbschlurf on March 26, 2018, 03:14:47 am
I like them a lot, to make it complete, I like the 2nd most. As in some of your other photos I like your B/W treatment. Hard and dark, but not overly so. Very fine.

(Again, I find it amazing how similar your surrounding look to what is around here, thousands of miles away from that.)
Title: Re: Sudbury, MA
Post by: guido on March 27, 2018, 07:24:50 pm
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and comments!
Title: Re: Sudbury, MA
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on March 28, 2018, 03:42:49 pm
I prefer the second image, it is very understated and yet has a sort of compositional harmony that runs all the way through it, which is normally quite difficult to capture successfully in such a chaotic scene, excellent.

Dave
Title: Re: Sudbury, MA
Post by: guido on March 28, 2018, 05:57:54 pm
I prefer the second image, it is very understated and yet has a sort of compositional harmony that runs all the way through it, which is normally quite difficult to capture successfully in such a chaotic scene, excellent.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Much appreciated!
Title: Re: Sudbury, MA
Post by: sarrasani on April 03, 2018, 07:48:00 pm
Good set, but I find 3 strongly more robust in composition (apart from the distracting branches in the low zone).
All the best,
sandro