Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Kanvas Keepsakes on March 24, 2018, 07:48:39 am

Title: Borderless printing not working
Post by: Kanvas Keepsakes on March 24, 2018, 07:48:39 am
Quick question for the experts on here.  I sized up a photo to 44x68.  I exported it through canon print plugin.  I set the paper size and chose borderless printing.  It asked me for my paper roll size which I then selected 44".  See attached screen shot of my print driver.  I sent the job and it's printing with about a quarter inch of white on each side.  Anyone know why?

Title: Re: Borderless printing not working
Post by: mearussi on March 25, 2018, 09:12:04 am

I have a Epson instead of a Canon, but in order to really get a true borderless print (even if you have it selected) you have to tell the printer to expand it beyond 100% so it will print past the edge of the paper. That's why a lot of photographers don't like to use the borderless setting, it forces the printer to spray past the edge of the paper and onto the printer carriage.

So you might try setting the print size to 105% and see if that works.