Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on March 07, 2018, 04:44:09 pm

Title: Conveyance Past
Post by: petermfiore on March 07, 2018, 04:44:09 pm
Conveyance Past...


Peter
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 07, 2018, 06:10:38 pm
The lighting enhances the sense of "past."
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: petermfiore on March 07, 2018, 06:22:32 pm
The lighting enhances the sense of "past."

Eric,
Your right, and the no color.
This is what I saw when photographing. The color version has a totally different mood.

Peter
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: RSL on March 07, 2018, 07:53:57 pm
Color always does have a different mood. B&W emphasizes the graphics, which really are what make a photograph -- in most cases, even a color photograph.
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: 32BT on March 07, 2018, 08:22:37 pm
Interesting mood because of the lovely light, color, and tone, but the bike is a bit too obviously of the contemporary kind, making it slightly incongruent for my taste.
Impeccable composition and graphics though.
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: petermfiore on March 08, 2018, 12:55:07 am
Interesting mood because of the lovely light, color, and tone, but the bike is a bit too obviously of the contemporary kind, making it slightly incongruent for my taste.
Impeccable composition and graphics though.
Opgr
That is very much the point....That bike, is my bike of thirty-one years ago. It's of my past. I parked it there when I built my studio in 1987. I photographed it yesterday.It's a very personal narrative that I share.

Peter
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: 32BT on March 08, 2018, 02:32:18 am
Opgr
That is very much the point....That bike, is my bike of thirty-one years ago. It's of my past. I parked it there when I built my studio in 1987. I photographed it yesterday.It's a very personal narrative that I share.

Peter

Ha, a tell tail sign that i refuse to accept my age.

For some reason it feels similar to this: modern car (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=118771.msg1016888;topicseen#msg1016888)
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: petermfiore on March 08, 2018, 06:25:32 am
Ha, a tell tail sign that i refuse to accept my age.

For some reason it feels similar to this: modern car (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=118771.msg1016888;topicseen#msg1016888)

Hi Oscar,

Ha!  Time and it's passage is a very slippery mind trip. It gets more so every day for me.
Just for clarity, my bike is a  1986 Huffy Pro Thunder.

Peter
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 08, 2018, 10:12:31 am
I wish I had some photos of my first bike. It was a Raleigh Lenten Sports, vintage late 1940s.
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: petermfiore on March 08, 2018, 10:25:40 am
I wish I had some photos of my first bike. It was a Raleigh Lenten Sports, vintage late 1940s.

Me Too. Mine was a Schwinn stingray, with banana seat. A quick search on google shows amazing prices for mint bikes.
Enough for any late model, high end camera. Excluding MF and up...

Peter

PS

Mom,
Wherever you are, I told you so. Baseball cards and all the rest. LOL
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: RSL on March 08, 2018, 10:44:03 am
Wish I had a picture of my first bike too. It was a junker with a couple welds to hold it together. I made a run through my scans from family photographs, but it wasn't there. I bought it close to the time I bought a Detroit News paper route in 1942, and delivered papers after school for years on that bike. Every once in a while over the next three years I'd get called out in the middle of the night to deliver an "extra." Talk about breaking news! I'd go downtown, get my papers, ride back to my route and ride down the streets shouting: "Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Marines land on Okinawa!" Porch lights would pop on and people in pajamas and bathrobes would pop out. It was an education, and by the time the war ended I was pretty much current on current affairs.

I was twelve when I bought that route. Kids can't do that any longer. Nowadays they'd be robbed, raped, or murdered delivering papers alone at night.
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 10, 2018, 11:50:46 am
Conveyance Past...

Lovely light. Very well processed, too.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: petermfiore on March 10, 2018, 11:57:06 am
Lovely light. Very well processed, too.

Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy.

Peter
Title: Re: Conveyance Past
Post by: BobDavid on March 10, 2018, 12:42:44 pm
Me Too. Mine was a Schwinn stingray, with banana seat. A quick search on google shows amazing prices for mint bikes.
Enough for any late model, high end camera. Excluding MF and up...

Peter

PS

Mom,
Wherever you are, I told you so. Baseball cards and all the rest. LOL

My first bike was Schwinn banana seat too. I loved the five-speed stick shift and hand brakes. ... I like your picture.