Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JudyKonopka on March 07, 2018, 11:50:35 am
-
Hi! I'm hoping some of the wizards on here could lend some advice...
I need to print out an 8.5x11 sheet. I am trying to print it out on my Prograf 2000 and I get a leading edge of about 1". I have already purchased paper (RR Palo Duro Etching) of all different sizes including rolls. Because it's so thick, I can't print it on my Epson Pro800 without head strikes and am trying to print it on the Prograf 2000 without a leading edge. I called canon, and initially he thought if I changed my media type to Plain Paper, it may give me some wiggle room, but nothing happened. He finally left it as "use a larger piece of paper and cut it down". I could do that, except I bought RR 8.5 x 11 and all the way up to roll paper thinking I could print on every size. Is there any way around this issue other than printing it on a larger piece of paper? Thanks!
-
From the way that the drivers are set with Canon, it will require the edge up to a certain length unfortunately. Canon is aware of this on their end, but may not be much room to adjust it on how the printer is made.
Especially with sheets, this won't be an easy adjustment like rolls where you can do border or borderless printing.
For most thicker media, you would want to use the fine art tray feed method (as you would with poster boards and what not). Select the highest platen gap and choose the thickest media setting on the P800 for it to work properly.
With Canon, as long as you select the media setting, it should adjust the head space; otherwise you go into the settings of the Pro-2000 and change the platen gap (head) height directly. As long as it's a bendable media, it will work on the Canon.
-
That media will work in an Epson P800 if you maximize the settings for platen gap and paper thickness and use the Front Fine Art feed.
-
That media will work in an Epson P800 if you maximize the settings for platen gap and paper thickness and use the Front Fine Art feed.
Thanks.
-
From the way that the drivers are set with Canon, it will require the edge up to a certain length unfortunately. Canon is aware of this on their end, but may not be much room to adjust it on how the printer is made.
Especially with sheets, this won't be an easy adjustment like rolls where you can do border or borderless printing.
For most thicker media, you would want to use the fine art tray feed method (as you would with poster boards and what not). Select the highest platen gap and choose the thickest media setting on the P800 for it to work properly.
With Canon, as long as you select the media setting, it should adjust the head space; otherwise you go into the settings of the Pro-2000 and change the platen gap (head) height directly. As long as it's a bendable media, it will work on the Canon.
It's weird because one of their many selling points is that you can print cut sheets. For some reason, I've printed cut sheets before, but never have had this problem (they were photos).