Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on March 06, 2018, 12:11:11 pm

Title: John
Post by: RSL on March 06, 2018, 12:11:11 pm
.
Title: Re: John
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 06, 2018, 02:16:16 pm
Very nice, Russ.

One thought I had: If you take this again at night (if there are suitable lights around,) it might pass for a BobDavid.   ;)

-Eric
Title: Re: John
Post by: RSL on March 06, 2018, 02:23:05 pm
Thanks, Eric. I thought of Duchamp when I passed the place this morning and decided that it could take a place equivalent to "fountain" in my repertoire.
Title: Re: John
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 06, 2018, 03:56:18 pm
Thanks, Eric. I thought of Duchamp when I passed the place this morning and decided that it could take a place equivalent to "fountain" in my repertoire.
Good choice.
Title: Re: John
Post by: Rob C on March 06, 2018, 04:30:23 pm
Thanks, Eric. I thought of Duchamp when I passed the place this morning and decided that it could take a place equivalent to "fountain" in my repertoire.

One for men, and another for the boys?

Lovely light.
Title: Re: John
Post by: BobDavid on March 06, 2018, 10:30:05 pm
Well done. That's Florida. Florida is a strange state.
Title: Re: John
Post by: RSL on March 07, 2018, 09:10:52 am
They're all strange in some way, Bob. Check Massachusetts. That's really strange at the moment. Got a granddaughter there who's gonna be without power for ?????
Title: Re: John
Post by: BobDavid on March 07, 2018, 12:28:20 pm
They're all strange in some way, Bob. Check Massachusetts. That's really strange at the moment. Got a granddaughter there who's gonna be without power for ?????

True that. ...I lived in Boston for 21 years, and I can barely imagine being subjected to two nor'easters within a week or two.
Title: Re: John
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 07, 2018, 02:08:50 pm
They're all strange in some way, Bob. Check Massachusetts. That's really strange at the moment. Got a granddaughter there who's gonna be without power for ?????
Yes, during big storms we frequently have power failures, and a few times have had big branches from a tree in our back yard come down and take out our power lines. So I was expecting something similar in this big storm (with 93 mph winds not too far away), but our lights never even flickered, and we only had a few small twigs come down.

So we lucked out this time, unlike many others even in Newton, and especially along the coast, where the floods haven't subsided in time for tonight's big storm.

I think Massachusetts is now down to less than 80,000 without power, after a peak of 200,000 right after the big one.

-Eric