Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Cornfield on March 05, 2018, 01:26:38 pm

Title: The Yosemite classic view
Post by: Cornfield on March 05, 2018, 01:26:38 pm
My image from the tunnel view vantage point close to the location where Ansel Adams shot Clearing Winter Storm.

During the three days I had in Yosemite there was good light close to sunset for just around ten minutes each day.
Title: Re: The Yosemite classic view
Post by: guido on March 05, 2018, 06:39:28 pm
Lovely shot of an iconic location!
Title: Re: The Yosemite classic view
Post by: HSakols on March 05, 2018, 07:12:03 pm
It is great to see that you found the winter light!  Did it snow the next day?   I ask because I was out on the rim of the Valley with my wife a couple of weekends ago.  Nice shot.
Title: Re: The Yosemite classic view
Post by: Cornfield on March 06, 2018, 04:17:53 am
No snow during our visit that was three weeks ago.  The weather was like a warm spring day with no snow in the valley. 

It really is a wonderful place to spend a few days and I will return probably next year in October/November and hopefully get a dusting of snow on the trees.
Title: Re: The Yosemite classic view
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 06, 2018, 06:24:02 am
Good light.