Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on March 05, 2018, 08:41:40 am
-
This is Walltown Crags in Northumberland about 15 min away in normal times. Today the air force is delivering food and fuel to outlying villages by helicopter. Snow and the country grinds to a halt, no chains, no snow tyres and snow ploughs don't work with 20ft deep drifts. Unfortunately the light has been poor with leaden skies with only tiny glimpses of sun.
-
One the best work I saw here in the LuLa forum. Congratulations
Gennaro
-
Beautiful work!
-
Unfortunately the light has been poor with leaden skies with only tiny glimpses of sun.
Gorgeous as usual. Looks like you capitalized on what tiny glimpses of sun were provided. Superb sky!
-
Everything works well in that photo.
Thierry
-
We've had quite a lot of snow here in New England this winter, but I haven't shot any snow scene as nice as this one.
My wife and I will be in Ireland for ten days starting next week, so maybe we'll get some good snow pix.
Eric
-
Wonderful shot, Ken. My only (gentle) suggestion might be a tad more space on the right.
Jeremy
-
Unfortunately I would have to invent the space Jeremy.
-
Agree with all the praise. I keep staring at that foreground. Amazing light there.
-
This shot was taken late in the afternoon and as I live fairly far North (55 degrees about the same as Labrador) am blessed with low sunlight in the winter and very long sunrise and sunsets in the summer. We don't usually get lots of snow here so I try and make the most of it when it comes and being retired can get out if it looks good. Ken
-
Top notch.
-
Beautiful work!
+1
Dave
-
Great image Ken!