Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: thierrylegros396 on February 25, 2018, 10:41:11 am

Title: Ice details.
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 25, 2018, 10:41:11 am
Cold day today, some ice details.

Same stream, same place.

Thierry
Title: Re: Ice details.
Post by: guido on February 25, 2018, 01:19:41 pm
Lovely work! Well seen and executed. Thanks for sharing!
Title: Re: Ice details.
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 26, 2018, 04:30:41 am
Lovely work! Well seen and executed. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you.

The first has to be viewed in a large size, I was first deceived when I looked at it small sized.

Thierry
Title: Re: Ice details.
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 26, 2018, 05:34:17 am
#1 is quite interesting, with the mix of flowing and frozen water.
Title: Re: Ice details.
Post by: francois on February 26, 2018, 05:37:24 am
Nice set.. You should still have a few more cold days ahead!

Bravo.
Title: Re: Ice details.
Post by: Bob_B on February 26, 2018, 08:43:11 am
+1; I really like the second one.
Title: Re: Ice details.
Post by: Peter McLennan on February 26, 2018, 02:35:07 pm
I might get in trouble here, but constructive criticism can be valuable.  So I'm gonna say it.

For #1 and #3, you need to get closer.  Lots of potential there, not quite realized, IMO.
Title: Re: Ice details.
Post by: MattBurt on February 26, 2018, 05:51:27 pm
I like them! As you might know I'm a fan of ice. :)

The recommendation to get closer is probably a good one but I like your efforts regardless.
Title: Re: Ice details.
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 27, 2018, 06:58:34 am
I might get in trouble here, but constructive criticism can be valuable.  So I'm gonna say it.

For #1 and #3, you need to get closer.  Lots of potential there, not quite realized, IMO.

You are right, but it was not possible without having wet feet or knees.

Today it was so cold (with a strong wind) that I was not able to press the shutter for one shot.

Thierry
Title: Re: Ice details.
Post by: Gennaro_27 on February 27, 2018, 02:58:17 pm
I like #2 a lot, very peculiar ice formations. If I can express my consideration also for that one I would apply a crop.

Bests