Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on February 24, 2018, 09:03:12 am

Title: Lenticular Cows
Post by: William Walker on February 24, 2018, 09:03:12 am
Many thanks for the comments in my previous effort! I appreciate them!

What do you think of this one?

William
Title: Re: Lenticular Cows
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 24, 2018, 09:20:31 am
I would remove the two flies that landed on your print while you were taking a picture if it.

Oh, wait! Those are cows too? I would still remove them, regardless.

My strange sense of humor aside, I believe that leaving just the one in the foreground would result in a much stronger image compositionally and content-wise.
Title: Re: Lenticular Cows
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 24, 2018, 10:03:37 am
Oh, I don't know, Slobodan.
Three clouds, three cows. They match up nicely.

Of course, maybe the cows should be stretched  a bit to make them more lenticular.   ;)

Eric
Title: Re: Lenticular Cows
Post by: RSL on February 24, 2018, 10:52:22 am
I understand what Slobodan's saying, William. With the cows gone the picture would look more like Rhein II, so you might be able to sell it for several million. But if you don't intend to put it on the market it's fine as it is.
Title: Re: Lenticular Cows
Post by: BobDavid on February 24, 2018, 12:23:43 pm
Either way, it's an interesting picture.
Title: Re: Lenticular Cows
Post by: Rob C on February 24, 2018, 12:25:52 pm
No, all that's missing is a milkmaid with big - well, jugs.

Rob
Title: Re: Lenticular Cows
Post by: armand on February 24, 2018, 12:57:48 pm
I would remove the two flies that landed on your print while you were taking a picture if it.

Oh, wait! Those are cows too? I would still remove them, regardless.

My strange sense of humor aside, I believe that leaving just the one in the foreground would result in a much stronger image compositionally and content-wise.

Unless you move in the picture the one cow remaining I'm not sure it will work, it will be too unbalanced with their current position.
I feel it's fine the way it is, maybe in need of an extra cow on the left side.
Title: Re: Lenticular Cows
Post by: Rob C on February 24, 2018, 02:15:32 pm
Unless you move in the picture the one cow remaining I'm not sure it will work, it will be too unbalanced with their current position.
I feel it's fine the way it is, maybe in need of an extra cow on the left side.

You calling my milkmaid a cow?

Dem's fightin' woids!

:-)
Title: Re: Lenticular Cows
Post by: John R on February 25, 2018, 01:23:14 am
Either way, it's an interesting picture.
Couldn't agree more. The horizontal movement combined with the cows moves the eye right through the image. It has an edgy quality to it.

JR
Title: Re: Lenticular Cows
Post by: David Eckels on February 25, 2018, 08:32:17 am
Nice image, William. Fortunately, the experiments (removing and moving cows) are easy to do. If you agree, try it and see what YOU like. Great mood in this!