Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Morineko on February 22, 2018, 11:58:46 am
-
Hey folks-
I'm new around here. I just picked up a Z3200 for a song and I'm hoping to get it up and running. I have an 800ps that I've done a few repairs on (replaced the carriage belt and ribbon, and I've done some plastic repair as well), but I've had some things in mind that I want the 44" machine for, as well as being interested in doing canvas and other fabric printing.
The Z3200 is missing the formatter hard drive - I'm about to order a replacement (and how well it works once that's in place will determine whether I keep going on the overall project). I believe the one I've got is Rev B - the drive slots into the formatter board, doesn't have any cables involved. I have several laptop SATA drives sitting around, but I haven't seen anything about an image I could drop on one of those instead of having to purchase a disk with the firmware already installed.
It's also missing the screws that hold the right trim panel to the body of the plotter. I scanned through the service manual, and while it notes that they're T15 screws, I don't see any other notes about them (length, size, thread count) that I could use to replace them. Any idea what the specs on those body screws are, so I can get things fastened together again?
Thanks!
-
Welcome to the LuLa forums.
The SATA drives are encrypted from HP. No one here knows the password to unlock them, but I believe some Chinese ebay vendors have figured out how to do it but of course they won't let on how it's done.
I actually have Rev B z3200 SATA drive I bought from one of those vendors. Long story short, I never opened it as I don't have a Rev B z3200, contact me if you're interested and we can figure something out.
There are two styles of T15 screws, one of them looks a lot like this (eyeballing it only, no experience with the link)
https://shop.manchestervacs.co.uk/dyson-upright-vacuum-cleaner-spares/dc01-spares/t15-torx-screws
The other one is a big head with a HP logo on it. Both are the same depth, about 20mm from bottom of the head to the end of the tip.
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4710/25561819277_262e346f65_z.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/EWP1j2)P2220220-1 (https://flic.kr/p/EWP1j2)
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4705/39722662204_9003be1c4d_z.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/23wa2yh)P2220224-1 (https://flic.kr/p/23wa2yh)
-
You can buy the whole formatter board with hard drive on eBay for about $150.00 US dollars. Should be easily able to update the firmware from the files that are on the HP website
Hey folks-
I'm new around here. I just picked up a Z3200 for a song and I'm hoping to get it up and running. I have an 800ps that I've done a few repairs on (replaced the carriage belt and ribbon, and I've done some plastic repair as well), but I've had some things in mind that I want the 44" machine for, as well as being interested in doing canvas and other fabric printing.
The Z3200 is missing the formatter hard drive - I'm about to order a replacement (and how well it works once that's in place will determine whether I keep going on the overall project). I believe the one I've got is Rev B - the drive slots into the formatter board, doesn't have any cables involved. I have several laptop SATA drives sitting around, but I haven't seen anything about an image I could drop on one of those instead of having to purchase a disk with the firmware already installed.
It's also missing the screws that hold the right trim panel to the body of the plotter. I scanned through the service manual, and while it notes that they're T15 screws, I don't see any other notes about them (length, size, thread count) that I could use to replace them. Any idea what the specs on those body screws are, so I can get things fastened together again?
Thanks!