Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: PeterAit on February 21, 2018, 09:23:05 am
-
I don't like to use the built-in cutter with canvas. When a print is done, I feed more paper thru the printer until I can see the edge of the print and use fabric shears to cut. This leaves about a foot of blank canvas hanging out the bottom of the paper path, and I don't like to waste this. What I have been doing is releasing the canvas, rewinding it fully onto the roll, and then reloading it to the printer will automatically position it correctly. Is there an easier was to do this - to have the printer automatically retract the excess canvas and position it properly? Thx.
-
As far as I know, this is the only way to do it.
I'm curious: why don't you like to use the built-in cutter with canvas? I use it all the time, it does a great job. I've replaced it once only in 4 years and hundreds of prints on canvas and fine art paper. It is an easy replacement.
-
The cutter is fantastic on canvas.
My 9900 was purchased in 2011 and still has the original cutter. (several thousand cuts)
Cuts every day like a hot knife through butter.
Also no problems with the dust made from the cutter, just not an issue.
Same good service with our 9890 which I have only had for several years.