Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tonywong on February 20, 2018, 04:57:41 pm

Title: Z3200 low rider :P
Post by: tonywong on February 20, 2018, 04:57:41 pm
OK so I replaced the belt on my Z320/24, and when I took off the carriage and replaced it, the head seems to ride lower in the front by a couple of millimetres.

It's low enough that the front bottom of the carriage rubs on the plastics and can catch on things.

I can't figure out why it's not working right, it's riding on the metal rail fine, it's just lower on the front somehow. Is there a channel guide that I missed where it keeps front from drooping, or some kind of adjustment?
(https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4706/39491518275_d2a1f01d94_b.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/23aJmw8)
Title: Re: Z3200 low rider :P
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on February 21, 2018, 06:44:53 am
OK so I replaced the belt on my Z320/24, and when I took off the carriage and replaced it, the head seems to ride lower in the front by a couple of millimetres.

It's low enough that the front bottom of the carriage rubs on the plastics and can catch on things.

I can't figure out why it's not working right, it's riding on the metal rail fine, it's just lower on the front somehow. Is there a channel guide that I missed where it keeps front from drooping, or some kind of adjustment?

(http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/23aJmw8][img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4706/39491518275_d2a1f01d94_b.jpg)[/url]lowrider (https://flic.kr/p/23aJmw8) by tonyhtwong (https://www.flickr.com/photos/14190814@N08/), on Flickr[/img]

Check this;
http://z3200.com/Rear_Carriage_%20Bushing-HP-Z3200_Printers-Mark%20Lindquist.htm

If it isn't that piece broken then it could be the electric actuator that arrests the bushing piece when the head carriage moves so the head height is adjusted for thicker media. I had that once, a small electric connector did not connect properly.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Title: Re: Z3200 low rider :P
Post by: picman on February 21, 2018, 08:33:28 am
Maybe this part?
http://www.precisionroller.com/bearings---bushings-for-hp-designjet-z3200-44--q6719a/details_66788.html

Small, fragile and easy to miss.
Title: Re: Z3200 low rider :P
Post by: tonywong on February 21, 2018, 11:07:32 pm
Thank you, gentlemen.  :)

I will look this part on the weekend to see if that is the issue. I have a 44" 3100 belt to do as well so I was leery of attacking that one without knowing how I bunged up my 3200. :-)
Title: Re: Z3200 low rider :P
Post by: Mark Lindquist on February 22, 2018, 11:25:52 am
Tony - check out the video by Bob Wert of LPS on this page: 

http://z3200.com/Rear_Carriage_%20Bushing-HP-Z3200_Printers-Mark%20Lindquist.htm

Also, it never hurts to go through this and possibly there could be something you missed that this list could help figure out: (another great video by Bob Wert of LPS)

http://z3200.com/Additional_Repair_Notes_HP-Z3100_Printers-Z3200.htm

Sometimes the rear carriage bushing can fail and it will cause the carriage to be off.

Best -

Mark
Title: Re: Z3200 low rider :P
Post by: tonywong on February 22, 2018, 02:30:32 pm
Thanks Mark! All of you guys are a fantastic asset to the Z3x00 community.   ;D