Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: mseawell on February 04, 2018, 03:12:49 pm

Title: Mountains in Winter
Post by: mseawell on February 04, 2018, 03:12:49 pm
My backyard in the Wasatch...mountains in winter.
Title: Re: Mountains in Winter
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 04, 2018, 03:49:00 pm
I like the way the clouds mimic the shape of the two mountains on the right.
Title: Re: Mountains in Winter
Post by: mseawell on February 04, 2018, 05:43:23 pm
Thanks Eric!
Title: Re: Mountains in Winter
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 04, 2018, 11:29:41 pm
the whites in the clouds seem a bit overexposed and "hot", could be my monitor. Love the moon and the landscape.
Title: Re: Mountains in Winter
Post by: mseawell on February 04, 2018, 11:32:10 pm
Hot! No, it was freezing actually!  ;)

Mark
Title: Re: Mountains in Winter
Post by: farbschlurf on February 05, 2018, 02:55:35 am
Seeing this and thinking of my backyard with trashcans I'm really envious. Nice picture, I agree the highlights in the clouds could do with some softening.
Title: Re: Mountains in Winter
Post by: drmike on February 05, 2018, 03:01:03 am
Nice shot, cloud highlights look OK to me. You'd probably have to print to really know. You seem to have chosen a well balanced amount of foreground although for my taste it's a little grey, but I'm not subtle.

Mike
Title: Re: Mountains in Winter
Post by: francois on February 05, 2018, 04:49:19 am
I like it a lot and the Moon is the icing on the cake.
Bravo!
Title: Re: Mountains in Winter
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 06, 2018, 09:41:24 am
Good catch!