Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: glenndavyphoto on March 11, 2005, 06:25:29 am

Title: recent aurora
Post by: glenndavyphoto on March 11, 2005, 06:25:29 am
Woooooowwwwweeeeeeee.  This is incredible - great job!  I've seen these many times, but have never captured it on "film".  Thanks for this!

Glenn
Title: recent aurora
Post by: santa on March 11, 2005, 10:49:44 pm
sometimes they do move too rapidly. I got 4 or five panos that night - a record- but often get none and missed at least one that night. Sometimes they move to rapidly to get any pano, other times they move slowly enough to get several shots and still make it work. It's why a reasonably fast lens and a reasonably high ISO are needed to keep the shutter speed to a minimum, in this case, 15 sec I think.
Title: recent aurora
Post by: santa on March 10, 2005, 10:52:37 pm
Took this March 7. Thought you might enjoy. 6 (I think) shot pano, hand stitched in PS, MKII 16-35 at 16mm if I recall correctly.

(http://www.pbase.com/santa/image/40617763.jpg)
Title: recent aurora
Post by: Lisa Nikodym on March 11, 2005, 12:07:16 pm
Cool!  I would think that auroras move too rapidly to get stitchable photos; how do you do it?

Lisa
Title: recent aurora
Post by: Roman Racela on July 07, 2010, 03:37:53 pm
Another good one!