Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: dgberg on February 01, 2018, 08:20:35 am
-
Looks like my favorite paper is being discontinued, Ilford's Prestige Gold Mono Silk.
It seems to be available in all sizes except the 24" rolls.
IT had it in stock but after I processed the payment I received an email saying it is no longer available.
Someone has to have some stock, I hope.
I can get a 50" roll and cut it down to 2-25" rolls but would rather not.
Of course I recently paid my web gal to update my paper selections and prices adding this one.
-
Dan - as far as I know the paper is discontinued. Dealers may still have various bits of stock here and there, but not something to rely on going forward.
-
Thanks Mark.
I have seen the discontinued logo and guess I better buy it up as long as it is available.
-
Dan, no signs of being discontinued on their web site: http://ilford.com/products/photo-inkjet/galerie-prestige/gold-mono-silk-270gsm
Brian.
-
If you go to the vendors that sell it you will see discontinued on several sizes. It is available in just about every size except the one I need, 24" rolls.
-
Found 2 rolls at Roberts Camera in Indy.
Now I have to decide if I want to find an alternative or buy up 5 years of stock.
-
Found 2 rolls at Roberts Camera in Indy.
Now I have to decide if I want to find an alternative or buy up 5 years of stock.
Dan,
Of the samples I have none has an identical spectra plot to the Ilford Mono, not in the SpectrumViz Obsolete media map either. Based on the white point, gloss, texture, there are some alternatives, you can see them in the screengrab that also shows that the plots are not identical. Be aware that this is not telling how they perform on the printer, what the image quality is or what it does in time. The Epson EEF is among them and it has a bad reputation on the shift of the paper white in time. It is also a lot heavier.
I put the Mono Silk in the Satin map based on the name but it comes closer to Gloss varieties than to Satin etc.
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
-
Thank you Ernst
I know I will have to find an alternative paper but the B&W's just come out so divine.