Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Kevin Raber on January 31, 2018, 08:33:55 am

Title: Just Published - Off To Antarctica
Post by: Kevin Raber on January 31, 2018, 08:33:55 am
This is my last post for a few weeks as I am heading to Antarctica with a small group of photographers.  All of you probably know that Antarctica is one of my favorite places on the planet.  For me it is a chance to clear the soul, live life with email and internet and more than anything else take pictures of the amazing location with good friends.  See you on my return.  Check out the article HERE (https://luminous-landscape.com/off-to-antarctica/)
Title: Re: Just Published - Off To Antarctica
Post by: naturescott49 on January 31, 2018, 04:41:42 pm
I'm looking at that zodiac with 9 people aboard and wasn't paying attention to anything photographic but was actually worried about it being overloaded and dangerous with so many standing up!
Title: Re: Just Published - Off To Antarctica
Post by: DougDolde on January 31, 2018, 05:39:08 pm
Too cold !!
Title: Re: Just Published - Off To Antarctica
Post by: Kevin Raber on January 31, 2018, 08:32:05 pm
The Zodiacs are perfectly safe and not overloaded.  They are rock steady.

It's not as cold as you may think.  Warmer than much of the winter in America has been.
Title: Re: Just Published - Off To Antarctica
Post by: drralph on January 31, 2018, 10:06:41 pm
Best wishes to all who made the trip!  I hope you find marvelous subject matter, and provide stimulating entertainment for us stuck here in the northern hemisphere.
Title: Re: Just Published - Off To Antarctica
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 31, 2018, 11:43:52 pm
I know you will all have a great trip, and I look forward to seeing the results here.
If I were twenty years younger, I'd be with you...

Eric
Title: Re: Just Published - Off To Antarctica
Post by: BradSmith on February 01, 2018, 01:55:38 am
Your tour of the ship was really well done.  Thanks for thinking of doing something like that.
Brad Smith