Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: amtr_kid on September 24, 2006, 03:38:44 pm

Title: when the sky cries
Post by: amtr_kid on September 24, 2006, 03:38:44 pm
here is one of my photographs of monsoon in bangladesh...want to here from you...
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: Alskoj on October 31, 2017, 07:19:00 pm
Hope you were able to find a better hobby...
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: drmike on November 01, 2017, 03:34:27 am
Hope you were able to find a better hobby...
What an odd response - have I missed something?

I rather like the image.
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: farbschlurf on November 01, 2017, 04:53:27 am
I rather like the image.

Me too!
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: francois on November 01, 2017, 07:20:59 am
…I rather like the image.

Me too. The composition is interesting, I like it.
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: degrub on November 01, 2017, 08:38:42 am
posted in 2006 folks.
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: drmike on November 01, 2017, 03:40:23 pm
Well spotted! I always assume posts are current!
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 01, 2017, 04:42:58 pm
Perhaps it needed to age properly in an oak cask before we started to critique it.
"We shall critique no image before its time!"   ;)
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: Rob C on November 02, 2017, 07:17:03 am
Perhaps it needed to age properly in an oak cask before we started to critique it.
"We shall critique no image before its time!"   ;)


Eric, challenge for the day:

when does a photograph come of age, and get voting rights?

Maybe that's how we should vet "critique": check out history of critic!?

;-)

Rob
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 02, 2017, 08:00:47 am
Well, Cartier-Bresson, Weston, and Adams are probably ripe for critiques by now, since they are all dead...   :(
Title: Re: when the sky cries
Post by: degrub on November 02, 2017, 08:06:01 am
Perhaps it needed to age properly in an oak cask before we started to critique it.
"We shall critique no image before its time!"   ;)

it's better than this well aged surprise-
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-41695774